Tribute to the best country ever!!!!

• Tribute to the best country ever!!!!

Just a video I made some time ago, to show my Love for Finland :X
    The pictures I used are not taken by me, for I haven't been yet in Finland ( hoping to go soon ) so, all pictures are from deviant art :) made by great artists( most of them are my favorites )

Hope you enjoy watching it

Song : Apocalyptica - Conclusion

• Nice video & pics even though some of them are very common and not exotic at all, at least not to me...

What is this "I love Finland" thing anyway? Where does it come from? I mean it seems kinda common these days... among (some) foreigners. I love my home country too but lets face it, it's not THAT wonderful and has it's own faults too. So... It can't be just because of the music, can it? I like several foreign bands as well but I haven't become that interested in any of their home countries... I don't care about them and wouldn't want to live in one - or at least I've never thought about it. But I'm sure there's lotsa nice countries in the world. :) So... why choose Finland?

• [Usuário excluído] disse...
    • Usuário
    • Set 11 2008, 13h05
    hey that looks just the stuff we send to tourists to visit our country!

• Cuanta disse...
    • Usuário
    • Set 19 2008, 13h06
    Landscapes quite similar to those in my country (Poland), instead of the aurora of course ;)

• zuzk disse...
    • Usuário
    • Set 19 2008, 14h12
    I've been saying like 'I love Finland' for many years (btw. I'm from Poland, too ;)), everything started from music, then came interest in Finnish language, culture - now I'm finally here and you know what? It isn't as great as in my dreams, everyday I can see more and more minuses of the country... but still I like it! It's just more mature feeling, not blind love anymore ;)

• Ok, look, I didn't mean to offend people with this video. It's just the way I feel. And yes, I listen to some bands that are from Finland, but that's not the only reason I like it. I've red and heard so much of it, and I don't know, is it that bad to love a country you're not from? Nothing is perfect, I know that, not even Finland is, but I always look at the good part in things, for there where is light, there is darkness too..and where darkness is there is light. I really love my country ( a little more than I love Finland) but I can't stay at one place for a long time ( I've been traveling a lot through my country and it's very beautiful too) there are a lot of countries and places I love and want to go to, and one of them is Finland :)

• Usuário
    • Dez 9 2008, 22h39
    I can't see anything wrong, if someone is interested in Finland (I'm a finn), It's kind of fun I think. I don't think (or I hope) that anyone is considering Finland as any kind of Paradise. People just have so many different interests and hobbies. And when it comes to countries, many of them has foreign fans (even US) for example, Japan is quite IN right now. So if there is few Finland-fans out there, we could give a helping hand if needed. But let's be objective when doing so. (now I sound like a school teacher)

Mo Body

• JaX3RiR disse...
    • Usuário
    • Dez 13 2008, 19h50
    I find it quite flattering that someone is interested in our country. There are hundreds of countries in the world, and in my opinion it is very interesting if someone is paying attention to ours.

Many foreigners -- who are usually Americans -- I have talked with, don't know anything about Finland, they think we live in igloos and fight with polar bears here :-P
    ...They might also be joking ;-)

And then there are those people who listen to Finnish music, and may even know something about the country, like that we are located in the northern part of Europe and our president is Tarja Halonen etc.

It depends a lot on who you talk to and where they live -- someone from Europe might know a lot about Finland, but someone from Australia, New Zealand or from any other country far away from ours might have never heard of Finland. It depends.

But the point is, thank you for your interest in our country and I hope that you will get to visit Finland some day!

Do you listen to music with your CD / MP3 player / mobile phone? Are you annoyed by the fact that you can't scrobble anything you play on those devices? If you answered yes to ANY of the above questions, this group is for you.. http://www.last.fm/group/A+play+not+scrobbled+is+a+wasted+play
  • JaX3RiR said:
    someone from Australia, New Zealand or from any other country far away from ours might have never heard of Finland. It depends.

Hey, i was born in Australia - We know allot about Finland.

We know its cold, dark and you have poroja, karhuja ja nokia...

Look, i even have an accurate map of finland.

Vitun pöndet...

• Anne13 disse...
    • Usuário
    • Dez 24 2008, 21h11
    Of course, there are exceptions, but they spoke about the general image of Finland :).

Over here, people have a bad image of Finland, too. Most people think everyone fishes all day to survive and it's always -20, even in the summer and always snow and stuff like that. Some people say, to tease me, the only inhabitants are reindeer, which is quite funny, when you think of it :P. They also don't really know anything about the language or music, or famous designers. If one would ask a Dutch person about the first thing that comes to mind, when they think of Finland, they will say: cold. Though the difference between the Netherlands and Finland is not even that big nowadays!

• Wolkkkk disse...
    • Usuário
    • Dez 29 2008, 1h35
    Best country my @ss. It`s dark, cold and boring as hell.

• Wow it's a nice video. I like it ! x3

• Kiitos :)

• i just say SVERIGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! who gave birth to finland, and sorry that we didn't help you enough from the russians;D

Valhall Awaits Me.
    • JaX3RiR disse...
    • Usuário
    • Fev 15 2009, 10h35
    Hammeryou said:
    i just say SVERIGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! who gave birth to finland, and sorry that we didn't help you enough from the russians;D

Haha, yeah right..

I wouldn't exactly say Swden gave birth to Finland, because even when Finland was a part of Sweden there was the Finnish language and Finnish people.. We just didn't have our independence.

Do you listen to music with your CD / MP3 player / mobile phone? Are you annoyed by the fact that you can't scrobble anything you play on those devices? If you answered yes to ANY of the above questions, this group is for you.. http://www.last.fm/group/A+play+not+scrobbled+is+a+wasted+play
  • Vitun Hurrit... Saatana...

• Usuário
    • Fev 18 2009, 11h29
    Why all this hatred towards eachother... We're neighboors and all part of the Norse community, we should all stick together for the sake of the North. ;)

• Usuário
    • Fev 4 2012, 15h38
    Hihi, how nice. Why didn't I see this earlier? :D

TheOddOne said:
    What is this "I love Finland" thing anyway? Where does it come from?

I also want to know.

• nanonile disse...
    • Usuário
    • Fev 6 2012, 10h50

Finland

The mythological side of Finland is really interesting.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finnish_mythology <- If interested, check out and start the adventure of wisdom and find the spirit of Finland.

...Sound of a Matter...
  • "The best country ever"... Don't exaggerate, please.
    But thank you anyway. ^^

"Yes, I am falling... how much longer 'till I hit the ground?
    I can't tell you why I'm breaking down.
    Do you wonder why I prefer to be alone?
    Have I really lost control?"
    • ekijii disse...
    • Usuário
    • Abr 12 2012, 14h58
    Well...nice video and im glad to live here, nature is sooooo awesome. We have our problems here, but still it's better than most of countries there.....don't get me wrong, i loooove other places too and traveling, but my native land will be the first always :)

• Edret disse...
    • Usuário
    • Abr 20 2012, 7h58

Sigh

These women think that they will find their very own little ville valo or tuomas holopainen in finland. not gonna happen. finland sucks and people here hate foreigners from eastern block/middle east/africa. dont bother.

• Not everyone, really.

"Yes, I am falling... how much longer 'till I hit the ground?
    I can't tell you why I'm breaking down.
    Do you wonder why I prefer to be alone?
    Have I really lost control?"
    • yacoop89 disse...
    • Usuário
    • Jan 13 2013, 23h32
    minäkin tein jotain :)

Usuários anônimos não podem postar mensagens. É preciso fazer login ou criar uma conta para postar nos fóruns.