A Bit of Fry and Laurie

• A Bit of Fry and Laurie

Sorry to start a thread so soon after joining this group (several nanoseconds ago), but I thought we needed to discuss ABOF&L (as I abbreviate it to) on here. I absolutely love the classic Fry and Laurie sketches! I think I have nearly pissed myself many times while watching the sketch with the police officer and the man whose name cannot be spoken, but is the sound of objects dropped on a table, and seeing Mr. Fry mix cocktails over an accompaniment of music by Mr. Music himself! I also love QI, and all of Stephen's novels, but ABOF&L has to be one of the the funniest things he has done in my opinion.

Soupy twist!

NB - I am currently wearing 'Pretention', while listening to the Bishop and the Warlord.

Sorry if nobody gets my hopelessly and ridculously obscure references!

• I know this post is terribly old, but I have to say that when I'm 21 I am so going to try making at least one of those cocktails.

(By the way: When you said you were listening to the B&W, did you mean you have them on your computer?)

• [Usuário excluído] disse...
    • Usuário
    • Abr 30 2008, 18h34
    I think Trefusis or Saturday Night Fry references would be a tad more obscure.

Gelliant Gutfright and the Seventh Dimension is one of the best recurring skethces for me, probably because I have always been rather fond of The Twilight Zone and I love to see things that I like being parodied. The Footlights Revue from the Series 2 DVD is also quite fantastic; the Dracula parody by Stephen is one of the best examples of his ingenious wordplay. The spoof of Robert Browning and Elizabeth Barrett-Browning is one of the best things I have ever seen.

• Haha, Saturday night Fry references? ^^ That reminds me of the sketch where he's on stage with Hugh and they want Stephen to take off his clothes. ^^ Oh, it's so silly. And I have to watch all this on Youtube. Why is there none of that on television any longer. Or... just not enough. ^^

I fell in love with the series immediately and they must be two of the most talented comedians/artists/etc that I know.

Awwww, yes. I love that sketch with Emma and Stephen.

"But you're not going to mirry diddy, you're going to marry me!"

What accent are they actually trying to put on? ^^

I dreaded sunny days so I'll meet you at the cemetery gates...

I've been standing by the nile when I saw the lady smile.
  • No way Trefusis would be obscure. God, how I love that character! Reminds me a lot of someone.

About a bit of Fry and Laurie. YES, definitely.

• [spam]

Editado por hjbardenhagen em Dez 20 2010, 16h26
  • Trefusis is absolutely brilliant! I recently got hold of the Saturday Night Fry recordings, and I've put all episodes on my iPod. Slight downside: people think you're crazy when you start to giggle out of nowhere.

• Porieux disse...
    • Usuário
    • Out 8 2010, 6h30
    All four seasons of A Bit of Fry and Laurie are on Netflix streaming now! :D

Usuários anônimos não podem postar mensagens. É preciso fazer login ou criar uma conta para postar nos fóruns.