Lyricist Mao

• Outori disse...
    • Usuário
    • Jan 20 2008, 14h32

Lyricist Mao

あはーん!

Long time, no write~

Just wanted to start a discussion what you think of マオ as a lyricist, and what are your favourite lyrics... or what part of a song do you like most, did move you most, eeteeshe ~

Feel free to discuss anything lyrics related here <33

°†~不安…その言葉を耳にする度に自分の中で「何か」が崩れる~†°
  • Just joined last.fm not long ago (yeah.. I know) and this group today.

For someone who has done a lot of Japanese literature in university, I find understanding Mao's lyrics to be even harder than reading some pre-modern Japanese texts xD

I mean it in the good way of course: that his lyrics have a kind of meaningful depth and complexity, and comprises everything from trivial musings to incredible narratives to more "philosophical" reflections...

Unfortunately I'm no longer as wildly obsessed with SID as I used to be and am not so familiar with lyrics of their more recent songs... but I remember being completed awed by the lyrics to 夏恋 where Mao masterfully narrates the relationship between the two people unfolding over the summer by merely using a series of snapshots. And I think the feelings that run through the song really resonate with everyone's coming-of-age, so it's an incredibly bittersweet song made possible only by Mao's pure class.

• Luuuuux disse...
    • Usuário
    • Nov 3 2013, 4h56
    I agree with hiroki
    Mao express so much through lyrics and I myself prefer aidoki and higasa's lyrics

Usuários anônimos não podem postar mensagens. É preciso fazer login ou criar uma conta para postar nos fóruns.