library.gettracks returns incorrect album/playcount info

• labayojb disse...
    • Usuário
    • Abr 2 2012, 15h33

library.gettracks returns incorrect album/playcount info

Hi -

I wonder if anyone else has noticed this, or if perhaps this is expected behavior, or if I'm just doing it wrong.

I've got a number of track names from artists that appear on multiple albums (e.g.
    "Artist - Track - Album"
    "Regina Spektor - The Calculation - Far"
    "Regina Spektor - The Calculation - Live in London"

When using library.gettracks without a specific artist and album, I end up getting the only one of the tracks - it seems to be from the last album that was scrobbled, but the actual playcount appears to be whatever number was higher.

Again, I could just be 'doing it wrong', but has anyone else noticed something like this?

I should note that requesting a specific artist/album appears to return the correct info.

Thanks

• labayojb disse...
    • Usuário
    • Abr 13 2012, 0h51
    Okay, so I'm pretty sure that this is indeed a bug in the API...so, is there some way to file a proper bug report?

• [Usuário excluído] disse...
    • Usuário
    • Abr 13 2012, 16h27
    i use library.gettracks a fair bit to fetch an entire user's library and each track is only returned once and the playcount is always right - it matches what the track page says on the last.fm website. i never supply artist/album parameters.

the only place you can see track playcounts broken down by album is when you browse the library pages on the website. as far as i know, this info is not available through the API.

• labayojb disse...
    • Usuário
    • Abr 13 2012, 18h30
    Ah, so it *is* a misunderstanding on my part. library.gettracks pulls an aggregate - it considers the track name to be the unique identifier, regardless of album source. I guess I listen to music differently than last.fm organizes :). However, I still consider it somewhat buggy as library.gettracks still reports an album - it just happens to be 'the wrong one', or more accurately, is unrelated information. Which is sort of misleading, don't you think?

Again, if I use library.gettracks WITH an artist and album, then I get the correct playcounts. Which I can work with, though my tens of requests to last.fm now balloon to several thousand. Oh well.

Thanks

Usuários anônimos não podem postar mensagens. É preciso fazer login ou criar uma conta para postar nos fóruns.