What is a British artist?

• hdsander disse...
    • Usuário
    • Ago 15 2009, 15h22

What is a British artist?

Has she to be born and raised in UK or do we also list artists (actually) living in UK?

♫ not a day without music ♫ Dieter
    • [Usuário excluído] disse...
    • Usuário
    • Ago 15 2009, 21h16
    Well, I prefer those who are born in the UK, or at least have a british dad or ma. :)

• hdsander disse...
    • Usuário
    • Ago 15 2009, 23h52
    That's a good rule.

I'm still checking my favorite artists (yes, I have a very lot of them). For instance was I thinking for long time that Terra Naomi would be a British artist because she was living in London when I discovered her.

♫ not a day without music ♫ Dieter
    • Usuário
    • Ago 17 2009, 23h37
    grape-wine said:
    Well, I prefer those who are born in the UK, or at least have a british dad or ma. :)

Are you two talking about me now?!? :P

• Usuário
    • Ago 17 2009, 23h40
    Haha you´re no musician,isn´t? Sooo, I sadly have to tell you that we don´t talk about you. :P

• Usuário
    • Out 12 2009, 6h07
    Should be those born within the UK, or at least spent the majority of their lives here.

• IanAR disse...
    • Assinante
    • Ago 6 2010, 7h49
    hdsander said:
    I thinking for long time that Terra Naomi would be a British artist because she was living in London when I discovered her.
    Yes! If an artist's signed to One Little Indian, records her first notable solo album in London & makes many formative collaborations with Brit's - surely she's honorarily English! Plus, we love pixies in Blighty! :D Ian

• I would say to qualify as British you would need to be born here or at least spent your formative years in the UK. I don't believe those that have parents that are British should be allowed if they themselves haven't spent time in the UK.

Usuários anônimos não podem postar mensagens. É preciso fazer login ou criar uma conta para postar nos fóruns.