• Reverse-Racism

Most people believe racism to be the white middle to upper-class discriminating against people of other nationalities and ethnic groups, but recently due partially to Affirmative Action and other policies, it really seems as though it is starting to go in the other direction. If a bunch of rednecks drove through a bad neighborhood in Detroit, you wouldn't see black people scattering, they'd probably end up getting shot at. This is true with a lot of different so called minorities now, many getting preferential treatment in places like colleges (again back to Affirmative Action), to the point where it almost seems like we're undoing all these years that people have strived for equality. Opinions?

• Racism all-around is fucking awfull, just becuz' you're black doesnt mean that you cant be racist, even that is racist. By thinking something about someone for their ethnic background is racist, and fucking stupid if you ask me.

• [Usuário excluído] disse...
    • Usuário
    • Mar 3 2009, 9h49
    I really don't think that's typically the case, though I've experienced a bit of subtle anti-white racism at a company I worked at, since the department I was part of was heavily overrepresented by a minority group. I think racism is part and parcel of any power structure where any particular ethnic group is concentrated into positions of authority, unfortunately, and I think that affirmative action has very little impact on fixing it for anyone. Here in California, affirmative action in education doesn't discriminate at all against whites, male or female. Instead, the target is Asians, who are largely more qualified and have better academic records than their non-Asian counterparts. They're shunted aside for less-qualified whites, blacks, Hispanics and, pretty much everyone else ;-)

That said, I think that affirmative action has been very helpful for allowing people who haven't had access to the best schools a chance to improve themselves, so long as they have the drive and the capacity to succeed. But I think that race isn't the handicap it once was, and poverty is a bigger handicap now. I think affirmative action needs to be changed to reflect this.

• Usuário
    • Mar 3 2009, 9h52
    Actually, I think my example above isn't exactly correct-- it wasn't "anti-white" racism so much as it was "anti-everyone who's not part of the same ethnic group as the one in power." Black people were just as much targets as us whiteys ;-)

• Usuário
    • Mai 4 2009, 19h20
    All racists suck. I don't give a fuck what color you are.

In my life, I have met a lot of black racists, way more than Neo-Nazis. In fact, in real life, I have encountered only one Neo-Nazi (actually, he's an ex-Neo Nazi now since he realized that being a Nazi was full of shit). They made fun of me just because I didn't dress like an idiot (sagging my pants and wearing clothes that are too big for me), didn't speak in ebonics (idiot language) or any of that crap. They also made fun of me because most of my friends are white, Asian or Latino.

Usuários anônimos não podem postar mensagens. É preciso fazer login ou criar uma conta para postar nos fóruns.