Fórum » General Discussion

Bands that everyone likes--except you

• time2dive said:
    How is this thread in any way similar to the wordy bands thread?

Lmao iawtc, it seems mods are on a bit of a locking spree lately.

• unwrittenx said:
    time2dive said:

Makes them feel important I guess.

.this is our bomb.
    • [Usuário excluído] disse...
    • Usuário
    • Fev 1 2012, 19h15
    florence & the machine.

• EvyMetal disse...
    • Usuário
    • Fev 1 2012, 19h24
    Jawbreaker

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
  • time2dive said:
    unwrittenx said:
    time2dive said:

Makes them feel important I guess.
    I'll assume it was locked at some point however...

http://www.last.fm/forum/5/_/2028403

Looks open to me.

“Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music”
    Editado por ProximityFuze em Fev 2 2012, 3h40
    • Usuário
    • Fev 2 2012, 2h48
    meganbreukelman said:
    florence & the machine.

Yes! Me, too. I just don't see what everyone else is raving about...

“Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music”
    Editado por ProximityFuze em Fev 2 2012, 11h17
    • Usuário
    • Fev 2 2012, 5h46
    radiohead. when will the bastard stop whining. and his eye, good god!

• This reminds me of the joke where a guitarist goes to heaven and...the punchline is "no, that's not god. That's Yngwie Malmsteen, he just thinks he's god".

How could you do this to a man so close to being cured?
    • JoJo_Bah disse...
    • Usuário
    • Fev 2 2012, 20h21
    Coldplay and The Black Eyed Peas, and anything on any mainstream radio. :P

• alyedev disse...
    • Usuário
    • Fev 2 2012, 20h33
    Kings of Leon

I have become comfortably numb.
    • Usuário
    • Fev 2 2012, 20h36
    • Coenurus disse...
    • Usuário
    • Fev 3 2012, 4h48
    HA! yeah. Adele.

• Lucky_Slim said:
    This reminds me of the joke where a guitarist goes to heaven and...the punchline is "no, that's not god. That's Yngwie Malmsteen, he just thinks he's god".

Lol, he is pretty arrogant.

I don't understand why everyone (my friends and band mates) wets their pants due to Avenged Sevenfold and Bullet for My Valentine. I guess my main issue is lyrical quality.

• Coenurus disse...
    • Usuário
    • Fev 3 2012, 5h29
    Amaterasu123456 said:
    Lucky_Slim said:
    This reminds me of the joke where a guitarist goes to heaven and...the punchline is "no, that's not god. That's Yngwie Malmsteen, he just thinks he's god".

I don't understand why everyone (my friends and band mates) wets their pants due to Avenged Sevenfold and Bullet for My Valentine. I guess my main issue is lyrical quality.

actually, i feel you on that, people who create instrumental compositions are sort of bound to also have something of substance to say or it kind of defeats the point, like what am i looking at, kind of thing

• NFXFSX disse...
    • Usuário
    • Fev 3 2012, 5h32
    Anything played on basic radio. Pretty much all that pop, hip hop and R&B crap.

• Coenurus said:
    Amaterasu123456 said:
    Lucky_Slim said:

actually, i feel you on that, people who create instrumental compositions are sort of bound to also have something of substance to say or it kind of defeats the point, like what am i looking at, kind of thing

One of the reasons why I feel this way is because a lot of bands (and groups) sing about love with extreme cliché. Lyrically, besides the vocal qualities/instrumentation, if a band (Bullet for My Valentine for example) has a song about a break-up, what if you changed Matt Tuck with Justin Bieber, and then just re-interpreted the music? You'd have a JB song that wouldn't seem lyrically powerful in the least.

• Tom Waits (sorry Waits fans)

I'm not signing anything until I speak to a solicitor.
    • Kennoth disse...
    • Usuário
    • Fev 3 2012, 10h16
    Amaterasu123456 said:
    Coenurus said:
    Amaterasu123456 said:
    Lucky_Slim said:

One of the reasons why I feel this way is because a lot of bands (and groups) sing about love with extreme cliché. Lyrically, besides the vocal qualities/instrumentation, if a band (Bullet for My Valentine for example) has a song about a break-up, what if you changed Matt Tuck with Justin Bieber, and then just re-interpreted the music? You'd have a JB song that wouldn't seem lyrically powerful in the least.

Overdone love/relationship lyrics bother me to no end (since it's THE most common theme), but when you look at it, so many artists have the same pattern of lyrics and lyrical themes.

Amon Amarth is all about Nordic Gods and Vikings.
    Katatonia is extremely depressive, and although there are several themes in their lyrics, psychological disorders and despair is the most prevalent one.

• Radiohead. Not a terrible band by any means, I enjoy a few of their songs. I just can't understand the overwhelming love everyone has for OK Computer, to me it's very average.
    The Beatles. I like 'em, a lot. But as a singles band. I don't think they ever made a truly excellent album. Even the ones that came close (Rubber Soul, Revolver) had way too much filler to be top ten canon albums.
    The Strokes. One pretty good album, followed by almost a decade of crap. No thanks. And no, they were not the revival of garage rock, grrrr...
    The Libertines. Just... f**k off already!
    Oasis (and Beady Eye and Noel Gallagher's High Flyin' Birds). Ugh
    The Doors. Except for a couple of singles, they were boring.

• schmiggo disse...
    • Usuário
    • Fev 20 2012, 12h21
    ADELE
    Great voice but every song is the same thing

• tipe-0 disse...
    • Usuário
    • Fev 20 2012, 14h34
    Mayday Parade
    All Time Low
    ASKING ALEXANDRIA - I HATE THEM AND EVERYONE LOVES THEM >:(

• sspatula disse...
    • Usuário
    • Fev 21 2012, 18h11
    Apart from radio music - COLDPLAY. If someone shares my most listened to artists but also likes coldplay, I consider our musical compability low -.-

• The usual suspects.

Also, the likes of Bon Jovi and Guns 'n' Roses. I'll never understand how they got such a huge following. A few standout tracks, yes, but I think that the bulk of their output was completely second-rate.

'An old man stands naked in front of a mirror, eating soup. He is a fool.'
    - Jacques-'Jacques' Liverot
  • The Beatles.

Usuários anônimos não podem postar mensagens. É preciso fazer login ou criar uma conta para postar nos fóruns.