13. Okt. 2011, 21:03 von Under_Radar_Mag
19. Okt. 2010, 6:28 von PostModernMartr
30. Okt. 2009, 18:56 von umobolan===
Ben Frost - killshot
The Dickies - give it back
Shangri-Las - sophisticated boom boom
Envy - go mad and mark
Loser Life - pathetic existence
Stripmall Architecture - we were flying kites
Jesu - losing streak
Russian Circles - malko
Cripple And Casino in session
* brand new
* these equations
* of adam
Best Coast - sun was high (so was i)
The Estranged - nothing to say
Love of Diagrams - forever
Human Sexual Response - jackie onassis
xbxrx - see skies
The Darlings - gorilla
Tickley Feather - trashy boys
Double Dagger - the lie/the truth (ZAR OPET JEBOTE?!)
Analena in session
* 108: cedar calling dawn
* comic relief
* off with my head
* city of sunday afternoons
Jawbreaker - condition oakland
A Sunny Day In Glasgow - close chorus
Hjarnidaudi - part I
4. Okt. 2009, 21:14 von aznbriansuxArab on Radar - Soak the Saddle
Black Eyes - Black Eyes
The Plot to Blow Up the Eiffel Tower - Dissertation, Honey
Liars - They Were Wrong, So We Drowned
PRE - Epic Fits
Boredoms - Pop Tatari
Melt-Banana - Charlie
xbxrx - Sixth in Sixes
Ex Models - Zoo Psychology
Daughters - Hell Songs
5. Sep. 2009, 13:06 von xBrooklynxBleed from Within
Bravo Fucking Bravo
Johnny Cage is a Fake
The Prevalent Reaping
Storm the Bastille
straight to your face
Suffer The Living
The Tan Case
Texas in July
This or the Apocalypse
Thy Art Is Murder
Time Has Come
Tribute To Nothing
Trigger The Bloodshed
Versus the Ocean
1. Jul. 2009, 22:53 von DandelionRadioAndrew Morrison:
Andy's two-hour July show features a session from Tokyo artist Block 45 comprising three unheard tunes recorded specially for the show. Other new music includes The Joy Formidable, Malcolm Middleton, former Golden Virgins frontman Lucas Renney and Dave Swain, two cracking tunes from New York label High Chai Recordings and unsigned music from Robin Foster, Hold Fast and Turnpike Glow. Raw Milk and Samuraj Cities get two tracks each, Scott is granted five minutes in which to get funky, and there's even a competition to win loads of CDs.
Jeff's three hour show for July is packed with exclusive recordings and Dandelion Radio debuts. Nicolas and the Iceni & Stranger Son of WB provide sessions both recorded especially for this show. We'll also be hearing another two exclusive live recordings from Marble Valley.
July's featured record label is Manchester's Analogue Catalogue and The Warms, Cilo Cub and Salma El Assal are just three of the many acts making their Dandelion Radio debut. …
30. Jun. 2009, 16:21 von no_conclusion"Un Usper is the fifth record from Oakland’s collective unit xbxrx, who wrote, produced then released the record themselves earlier this month. Not far from the seed Lightning Bolt planted, Un Usper unveils itself as 12 songs and 23 minutes of freeform cyber punk with exuberant rhyme."
You can download the whole album from their website. AND you can also make a donation.
Stream some songs at their Myspace.
29. Jun. 2009, 14:53 von no_conclusionPRE "...This is a wild album that brings to mind a ton of different bands; AIDSWolf (i think they might have put out some kind of split tour L.P together), Erasa errata, (leeds locals...Beards), Arab on Radar (...) Engineered by Steve Albini (looks like he's been getting some decent clients in recently) and mastered by the mighty Weasal Walter of xbxrx and The Flying Luttenbachers fame."
22. Mär. 2009, 17:16 von ms_fogleStarting with the 45's:
The 90 Day Men - Taking Apart the Vessel 7"
The Beatles - Helter Skelter/Got to Get You Into My Life 7"
Big Black - The Model 7"
Broadcast - America's Boy 7"
Calabi Yau' - The Elitist 7"
Cibo Matto - Birthday Cake / Black Hole Sun 7"
Come - Wrong Side / Loin of the Surf 7"
Devo - Working in a Coal Mine 7"
Devo - Whip It 7"
Double Dagger - Sophisticated Urban Living 7"
Double Dagger - Bored Meeting 7"
Elton John - Goodbye Yellow Brick Road/Young Man's Blues 7"
Egg Hunt - Me and You 7"
Fugazi - 3 Songs 7"
Fugazi - Furniture 7"
Harriet The Spy - Circle-A Indicator 7"
Hazel - Blank Florida / Motor Sports Daredevils 7"
Honcho Overload - Miserable / Sugarfoot 7"
Jawbox - Absenter 7"
Karl Blau - Slow Down Joe 7"
Kerosene 454 - Blown Clean 7"
Killer Bug - Your wife is mine EP 7"
King Frog (this wasn't intentional, it was hidden inside of a Creedle 7" . …
29. Jan. 2009, 5:53 von cal_cool_usThere's a substantial nationwide noise/drone/avant-garde scene in the music world today. If you listen to any 2 of these bands, you are likely to come across the others. And the numbers keep growing continuously with new and debuting albums. A couple of these band are my earlier favorites, and with the help of music networks/the internet, I stumbled into what seems like a promising music scene for people who actually listen to music instead of just reading the cover of Spin.
Raccoo-oo-oon (RIP, just broke up)
Gang Gang Dance
To Kill a Petty Bourgeoisie
Atlas Sound (distilling the ambience of his main project Deerhunter)
Times New Viking
The Mae Shi (now they are popular)
Arab on Radar
...and international noise...
And labels devoted to noise/drone/other certainly help push this sound - especially Kranky…