port-royal (intentionally written in lower case) is a band born in the Summer of 2000 in Genoa, Italy. They play a dreamy, heady, melancholic, wide-deep music on the border among electronica, ambient, shoegaze, minimal techno featuring several trance-dance elements: it seems they are not anymore "Afraid to Dance". The music is mixed live with the sensual images and shots of Diamantakos who provides the majoirity of port-royal videos as well.
After having released in early 2009 officially as singles another 2 remixes of acts such as Ladytron and Felix Da Housecat (Nettwerk), their latest album "Dying in Time" was released in October-November worldwide.
A brand new song, "Günther Anders", has been released in early July 2010, featured in the "OndaDrops vol. 2" compilation.
The retrospective double album "2000-2010: The Golden Age Of Consumerism" will be released by n5MD on February the 15th 2011.
The band is composed of 3 musicians and one vj/director:
- Attilio Bruzzone: guitar, synthesizer, programming, bass, sometimes vocals (founder)
- Ettore di Roberto: piano, synthesizer, programming, sometimes vocals (founder)
- Emilio Pozzolini: sampler, programming
- Sieva Diamantakos: visuals, video
- Kraken Ep (Marsiglia Records - 03/2002)
- Flares (Resonant Recordings - 03/2005)
- Honvéd Ep (Chat Blanc Records - 03/2007)
- Afraid To Dance (Resonant Recordings - 05/2007)
- Afraid To Dance - special vinyl limited edition (Valeot Records - 04/2008)
- Flared Up - Remixes (Resonant Recordings - 05/2008)
- Anya: Sehnsucht Ep (Chat Blanc Records - 05/2008)
- Magnitogorsk - split album with Absent Without Leave (Sound In Silence Records - 09/2008)
- Dying In Time (n5MD, dbds, Sleeping Star, Isound Labels, Klik Records - 10/2009)
- Afterglow Ep - w/ Millimetrik ([label)Sangre D'Encre - 02/2010)
- 2000-2010: The Golden Age Of Consumerism (n5MD - 02/2011)
Official website: http://www.port-royal.it
Also on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/uptheroyals
Artist descriptions on Last.fm are editable by everyone. Feel free to contribute!
All user-contributed text on this page is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply.