(1) Roy Wood’s post-ELO project.
(2) A ‘blackened’ heavy metal band from Finland.
(3) A heavy metal band from Belgium
(1) Wizzard was Roy Wood’s post-ELO project. They made catchy glam-rock hit singles like “Angel Fingers” and “See My Baby Jive” with a retro, Phil Spector-style “wall of sound” production. At the same time, they produced decidedly odd, almost avant-garde albums like Wizzard Brew. Wizzard were active from roughly 1972-1975.
(2) One of them is a ‘blackened’ heavy metal band from Finland. It enjoyed some success in Finland and Germany though even some fans wondered why they had taken the name of Roy Wood’s famous band – the other z was actually added because the band didn’t want to be confused with the German band Wizard. The band was founded by Teemu Kautonen as his solo-project in August 1995, and he handled all the instruments on the first demo, Teemu moved the band to Germany in April 1997 adding new local musicians CY and Daniel to the line-up. In August Teemu returned to Finland, but moved back to Germany in January 2001, and CY and Daniel came along again. Also a new guitarist Johnny joined the band.
Last known lineup:
Teemu Kautonen aka Hexenmeister - Vocals, originally also Bass & Guitars
CY aka Grobi - Drums
Daniel - Lead Guitars, Bass
Johnny - Rhythm Guitars
I am the King, Demo, 1997
Children of Bodom, Split, 1997
Devilmusick, Full-length, 1998
Wizzard, Full-length, 1999
Songs of Sins & Decadence, Full-length, 2000
Tormentor, EP, 2000
Black Heavy Metal. Full-length, 2001
Metal Forever Vol. 1, Split, 2003
(3) Wizzard is a local Heavy Metal band from Belgium
Edited by vikmarlo on 11 Dec 2011, 15:58
Sources (view history)
Guinness Book of UK Hit singles - Roy Wood’s Wizzard have had multiple no. 1 singles.
Registered users can edit this page. Sign up now, it’s free and you will discover so much great music :)
Generated from facts marked up in the wiki.
No facts about this artist
You can also view a list of all recent wiki changes.