1. Willow Smith, an American pop singer
2. An American instrumental group
3. A Belgian indie rock band
4. An American singer/songwriter
5. A Dutch rock band
6. An American math rock band
1. Willow Camille Reign Smith (born October 31, 2000 in Los Angeles, United States) is an American child actress and singer who is the daughter of Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith. She made her acting debut in 2007 in the film I Am Legend, and was most successful in the film Kit Kittredge: An American Girl where she won the Young artist award for Best Performance in a Feature Film. Apart from her acting she launched a music career in the fall of 2010 with the release of her debut single “Whip My Hair” and signing to Jay-Z’s record label Roc Nation. She will now look to release an album sometime in early 2011.
2. Willow was a four piece instrumental group from Newnan, GA.
Kyle Coleman-Drums/Fast Driving, Matt McClellan-Bass/Keys/Jingle Bells, Tanner Merritt-Guitar/Funny Faces & Rob Sepanski-Mandolin/Violin/Noise
3. Willow is a young Belgian indie rock band that started in 2007. They create solid, semi-danceable, catchy popsongs with hints of new wave. In their short existence Willow won several rockcontests, with most notably Rockvonk 2009. In 2010 they became 3rd in Humo’s Rock Rally and won the KBC public’s choice award. They are known for their energetic live performance and their refreshing take on music history while still being capable of maintaining their own sound.
4. Willow is a self-taught singer/songwriter, who, in 1992 put down her Bible and picked up a pawn shop guitar. Three chords later, the songs came flowing out. Judging from the fact that she had no subsequent musical experience, one could say she’s a bit of a preternatural chanteuse. Like post-Christian rocker contemporaries, Alice Cooper and Marilyn Manson, Willow’s papa is a preacher man and prior to her fateful leap, she was an enrollee at Multnomah School of the Bible in Portland Oregon. The result of her departure from conservative religion…her musical renderings are of an evolution of a spiritual nature - an earthly, poetic dance in the dark. For those familiar with the fire and brimstone of artist Nick Cave, Willow may be the polar sweet angel of darkness, redemption and desire.
5. Willow was a rock-band from The Hague, The Netherlands. The band was formed by Marlein Heskes-Duarte and Rui Duarte. They’ve had multiple guitar players in the 6 years they made music. The music also changed everytime a new guitar player entered the band. Started out as an alternative rock band, they soon changed their sound to a more punk-rock sound, and in the last year added a nu-metal vibe to their sound.
Willow had some succes in their hometown and surroundings, having played more than a 100 shows, including the Paard van Troje, Plein Open festival, HOT festival and recorded a videoclip in the local tv-studio “TV West” for the song Spinning Around.
The Duarte’s have recently started a new band called Man-Made Madness, which also includes ex-Willow guitar-player Jordy Licht.
6. Willow is a math rock trio from Providence, Rhode Island, United States. Their debut EP, “Roanoke” was issued in 2012.
Edited by IRONICtypo on 18 May 2012, 17:30
Registered users can edit this page. Sign up now, it’s free and you will discover so much great music :)
Generated from facts marked up in the wiki.
No facts about this artist
You can also view a list of all recent wiki changes.
From other sources.