28 Jul 2015, 14:54 by Indigo_DC
1 Feb 2015, 23:21 by boredstiff-
26 Oct 2010, 20:05 by emo_bastard-- sncl #23 --
What Price, Wonderland? / Twisted - split 7" £3 : what price slam 5 songs down on their side here, and show off a whole LPs worth of ideas in the short time allotted. a couple of quickies, some gorgeous cap'n jazz style hyperactivity, some van pelt, some minutemen. this is like the TARDIS of emo, how on earth did they fit all this into 7 inches? absurd. twisted deliver on the other side, rocking emo / punk with urgent, revolution summer era styled vocals. one last wish crossed with the shitty limits! it works.
14 Aug 2009, 05:48 by steve_FRElephants
Elephants are basically another shitstorm indie band with catchy songs, annoying accents, and some poppy guitar lines.
More than a bit like good shoes with some whiny southern vocals, YET I CAN'T SEEM TO NOT LOVE THEM. Everything about them shouts "boring, NME band". But their songs are so loveably catchy.
A BR00TAL band from the US. We all love decent hardcore: face smashing, eye melting, nose breaking. Its awesome. These guys make hardcore punk with gang screaming, stop start guitar lines, awesome breakdowns. Messy and chaotic as you could want.
The Greek Favourites
Midwestern twinkly punk with shouting and screaming over poppy little guitar tunes with a punk ethos. Really interesting vocals starkly contrasting with slower and more poppy tunes than some of their contemparies. Really good hooks like theyre straight from a kinsella.
What Price, Wonderland?
30 Oct 2008, 00:43 by theangsteffect1. How did you get into 31?
Joy Wants Eternity. i think they actually sent me a friend request on myspace, and i dug it, and bought their new album.
2. What was the first song you ever heard by 22?
Raein. tigersuit...how cliche.
3. What's your favourite lyric by 29?
Amanda Woodward. its in french.
4. What is your favourite album by 49?
But You Can Call Us The Spartans. he only put out one, 'the hostage and the river fox'
5. How many albums by 13 do you own?
Do Make Say Think. god, i own all six haha. soon im gonna get 'goodbye enemy starship the landlord is dead' on vinyl =]
6. What is your favourite song by 50?
The Chariot. easy. 'before there was atlanta, there was douglasville'.
7. Is there a song by 4 that makes you sad?
Thrice. yeah, 'the whaler' always makes me sad. its beautiful though.
8. What is your favourite song by 15?
Russian Circles. it probably is 'micah'
9. What is your favourite song by 5?
Sigur Rós. hmmm, probably 'vaka' or anything else off of '( )'
29 Sep 2008, 03:56 by Mmccormick88So I've noticed a lot of other people doing this and figured I'd give it a try. The Afternoon Fix is my internet radio show, broadcast on WCUA, the internet radio station for Catholic University in Washington, DC. The show, which is on Fridays, 4-6 PM focuses primarily on art punk, although really I'm liable to play anything. I ran this show all last semester, and this was the first one for this semester. A more detailed version of the playlist is available at the show's blog.
The Futureheads-“Radio Heart”
Metal Urbain-“Hysterie Connective”
Fugazi-"Bed For The Scraping"
At the Drive-In-"Ursa Major"
Ponytail-"Celebrate the Body Electric (It Sings For Thee)"
Les Savy Fav-"Raise Buildings"
Blondie-"Hanging on the Telephone"
Pylon-"Working is no Problem"
Everyone to the Anderson-"West? West! West?"
What Price, Wonderland?-"Monitor"
Cain's Mark-"Each Edge"
Joni Mitchell-"Tin Angel"
14 Aug 2008, 21:14 by The_poukiemanIt's A Pretty long list...
Sorry for the bands I've Forgot about...
This list starts in my 14th year on this planet.
The counter is on *525* different Bands
-'t Hof van Commerce
-030303 Dj Squad
-2 Many DJ's
-Agents In Panama
-All Above Hate
-All Shall Perish
-Antwerp Gipsy Ska Orchestra
-Architecture in Helsinki
-As We Fight(2x)
16 Feb 2008, 13:50 by emo_bastardman, that took me forever. so many new records here. plus a new release on sncl! so here is the list, thanks for reading.
1) please order from: http://sncl.collective-zine.co.uk
2) you can now automatically check out using paypal! welcome to the 21st century!
3) if you have moved house between orders, please tell me so that i can make sure your stuff goes to the right place!
4) ordering £50 of stuff in one go gets you free postage - IF YOU AUTO CHECK OUT, THIS WILL NOT WORK, PLEASE CHOOSE THE OTHER PAYMENT METHOD!
5) if i sell out of something you want, just ask and i'll see if i can get more
6) RSS Feed for updates : http://sncl.collective-zine.co.uk/rss.php
7) full stock list without descriptions : http://sncl.collective-zine.co.uk/price_list.php
8) over 200 second hand items currently in stock! : http://sncl.collective-zine.co.uk/index.php?cPath=28
-- sncl #11 --
Empire! Empire! (I Was a Lonely Estate) - Year of the Rabbit 7" / cdr £2. …
4 Dec 2006, 00:36 by b3n5p34km4nthis whole 50 similar artist thing is so gay...i used to do this all the time, but instead of choosing the artist's number 1 similar, i would choose the number 8 similar. but here im doin number one similar just to see wut i get
2. As I Lay Dying
3. Bleeding Through
4. It Dies Today
5. Haste the Day
6. Norma Jean
7. The Chariot
8. Fear Before The March Of Flames
9. The Number Twelve Looks Like You
10. Circle Takes the Square
12. Hot Cross
14. City of Caterpillar
16. Neil Perry
17. Joshua Fit for Battle
18. Funeral Diner
20. La quiete (after this, i have never heard of any of them...)
21. Louise Cyphre
22. The Apoplexy Twist Orchestra
23. June Paik
24. Am I Dead Yet
26. Cease Upon the Capitol
27. What Price, Wonderland?
28. a fine boat that coffin
29. The Mock Heroic
30. Yossarian Is Drowning
31. Tristan Tzara
32. Danse Macabre
34. Mihai Edrisch
35. Sed Non Satiata