22 Aug 2011, 21:25 by Neue_regel_As Frank Zappa said: "most rock journalism is people who can't write, interviewing people who can't talk, for people who can't read." Extremely true, if you ask me. However, I'll try my best in this little journal role. Of course, there are thousands upon thousands of music genres. Nevertheless, only a few can boast and entail a sheer bombastic splendour without simultaneously losing any edge of intellectual honesty and rigor. Definitely, progressive metal is one of those. From wiki: " Progressive metal (sometimes known as prog metal) is a subgenre of heavy metal, which blends the powerful, guitar-driven sound of metal with the complex compositional structures, odd time signatures, diverse philosophical lyrics and intricate instrumental playing of progressive rock. Many progressive metal bands are also influenced by jazz fusion and classical music. Like progressive rock songs, progressive metal songs are typically much longer".
17 Jun 2011, 13:48 by Mark_H
28 May 2008, 14:35 by MelonMan1981"La Housse à Gratte" du 27 Mai 2008.
Emission présentée sur la webradio "La Grosse Radio" (http://www.lagrosseradio.com) par Arnonours, en compagnie de ses chroniqueurs Essem (chanteur de Dornfall et Melonman.
Groupe invité : Witches (groupe de thrash français composé de 4 membres dont 2 filles)
Nouveautés de la soirée : 36 Crazyfists, Testament, Kataklysm et Textures
Suggestions du groupe invité : Metallica, Coroner, Sepultura et Holy Moses
Suggestion du Melon : Vougan
Playlist complète :
Difficile De Croire
The All Night Lights
Dangers Of The Faithless
All Is In Proportion
Beneath the Remains
Blood In Heaven
Current Of Death
5 May 2008, 22:45 by hurricane_marioThis used to be on my about me but it was getting excessive. And I'm sure i left some out, that's what the comment button is for. I'll add them just for the heck of it. But these are my absolute favorites.
Favorite Singers: (Click for Myspace)
Ronnie James Dio (Elf, Rainbow, Black Sabbath, Dio)
Eric Martin (Mr. Big, Eric Martin, Tak Matsumoto Group)
Nils Patrik Johansson (Astral Doors, Space Odyssey, Wuthering Heights, Lion's Share)
Carlos Zema (Heaven's Guardian, Vougan, Outworld)
Fabio Lione (Athena, Labyrinth, Vision Divine, Rhapsody, Rhapsody of Fire)
14 Mar 2008, 18:11 by hurricane_marioBetter late than never, right? There were a #($*load of great albums last year, so it was tough to pick 10, hence the insanely long list. If you want to know more about any of them, comment and I'll answer. Or just myspace them.
10) Paul McCartney - Memory Almost Full
9) Rush - Snakes & Arrows
8) Down - Down III: Over the Under
7) At Vance – VII
6) Helloween - Gambling With The Devil
5) Sonata Arctica - Unia
4) King Diamond - Give Me Your Soul... Please
3) Elvenking - The Scythe
2) Scorpions - Humanity: Hour I
1) Primal Fear - New Religion
Aquaria - Shambala
Arch Enemy - Rise Of The Tyrant (Melodic Poweth Metal?)
Astral Doors - New Revalation
Beatallica - Sgt Hetfield's Motorbreath Pub Band (The Beatles + Metallica)
Black Sabbath - The Dio Years (New songs!)
The Codex - The Codex (Mark Boals of Yngwie Malmsteen!)
Derdian - New Era, Pt. 2: War of the Gods
9 Nov 2007, 15:10 by hurricane_mario1) Actual Size - Mr. Big - rock how it should be.
2) D.O.L.L. - Heaven's Guardian - A shining achievement in heavy metal/power metal. I recommend Slaves of Reality for starters. The singer, Carlos Zema did an EP with Vougan and now sings for Outworld, and both albums are amazing...
3) Outworld - Outworld - Progressive Power Metal
4) Silent Souls - Vougan - Heavy Metal
5) No Limits - Labyrinth - Their first album, an essential for every power metal fan. Fabio Lione of Rhapsody on vocals.
6) A New Religion? - Athena - Their second album, also some perfect power metal. Only Athena album with Fabio Lione.
7) Deep - Eyes Of Shiva - Gahhhhhh*Drools*
8) Before The Bleeding Sun - Eternal Tears of Sorrow - You might have heard of this... It's just perfect in every way, and you need to listen to it. Stand outs are Red Dawn Rising and Sinister Rain.
9) Anima - Spheric Universe Experience - I'll admit, I just heard of this yesterday…