Vladimír Hirsch has been composing since he was a teenager, when, as a pianist and organ player, he started to write romantic and classicist pieces with elements of experimental rock . However, he abandoned these compositions for some time and delved into experimental jazz and rock music up to 1986, when he joined experimental post-punk band Der Marabu. Simultaneously, he decided to focus on classical musical form as well, nevertheless with an attempt to enhance the action potential by modern means of expression and by searching for specific processes. He attempts to resume the tradition of 20th century Czech and all Slavic music , but eventually attains his own clear-cut position both in tone creative principles as in composition style and opinion on orchestration and the role of not quite musical components in it. Typical for him are new sonic properties of classical instrumentation, created by force of digital technique, as an orginal form of electroacoustic and acousmatic attitude. Vladimír Hirsch’s music is a kind of extrapolation of the combination of contemporary classical music on the one side and dark ambient, industrial and noise components on the other side, which, through mutual infiltration by basic theses and antitheses, brought to life as a fully homogenous structure. Compositions are based on grasping both ways in a manner, which would allow them to partake of each other’s principal formal attributes, both on the basis of violent confrontation and of mutual empathy, which should lead to a unification of seemingly irreconcilable worlds. This happens with the help of musical symbolism of their transsubstantiation into a single, indivisible essence, which act represents the metaphorical and philosopical principle of Hirsch’s integrated music.
Vladimír Hirsch´s original profession is the doctor of medicine.
Main works :
* ‘’Synthetics - Themes’‘, op.17, experimental project
* ‘’Symphony no.1 in E’‘, Op.20; symphony for synthesizers
* ‘’Organ Pieces’‘; organ composition complet
* ‘’7 Parts Of Desolation’‘, op.29; piano cycle
* ‘’Intermezza’‘, op.37; piano compositions
* ‘’Simplicity Of Heresy’‘, op.37; suite for integrated ensemble
* ‘’Arsenica’‘, op.40; experimental progressive rock compositions
* ‘’Musik für die Metamorphose’‘, op.45; scenic music for stage addaptation of Franz Kafka story „Metamorphose“, 1997.
* ‘’Symphony no.2 „Defensa“’‘, op.47
* ‘’Concert industriel pour orgue’‘, op.49
* ‘’Symphony no.3 „Brands Of Tyrany’‘, op.52; symphony for integrated orchestra, organ, percussions and mezzosoprano
* ‘’Divertimento no.1 and 2, Hymnus no.2’‘; orchestral compositions
* ‘’Sense Geometry’‘, op.54; experimental thematic opus
* ‘’Dances & Marches’‘, op.57; suite for organ, piano and orchestra
* ‘’Exorcisms’‘, op.61; suite for integrated ensemble
* ‘’Trigonal Sonata”, op.62; composition for pianos and digital technique<br />
* ‘’Cryptosynaxis”, op.64b, mass for intregrated ensemble (rev.version of “Field Mass”, op.64)<br />
* ‘’Elegy 2002”, op.65, composition for organ and difital technique<br />
* ‘’Symphony no.4 - Descent From The Cross’‘, op.67; symphony for integrated orchestra, soloists and choir
* ‘’De regionibus liminis’‘, op.68
* ‘’Fragments, thèmes et images scéniques’‘, op.72; scenic music
* ‘’Nonterra’‘, op.73; suite for integrated ensemble
* ‘’Torment Of Naissance” - conceptual album
* ‘’Les scènes ardentes’‘, compositions for integrated ensemble, choir and soloists, op.75
* ‘’Tobruk”, soundtrack
* ‘’Graue Passion”, op.67 revisited (67b)<br />
* ‘’Contemplatio per nexus’‘, compositions for integrated techniques on the selected theme from “Teologia spiritualis II. Mystica”, op.77
* ‘’Markéta, the daughter of Lazar”, soundtrack, op.85 </b>, <br />
* ‘’Endoanathymia”, op.84; thematic album<br />
* ‘’Out Of Your Objects’‘, op.22; album of compositions for a group
* ‘’Casual Crime’‘, op.51; romantic jazz compositions
* ‘’There´s No Human Triumph’‘, op.40 + 58; experimental progressive rock compositions
* ‘’Dreams Of Awakening’‘, experimental progressive rock compositions
Collaborators: Ars Benevola Mater, Ars Morta Universum, Czech Integrated Ensemble, Martina Sanollová, Marianna Auster, Dove Hermosa, Tom Saivon, etc.
Artist´s official websites:
Integrated Contemporary Avantgarde
Edited by vidushaka on 25 Jan 2013, 19:25
Sources (view history)
Registered users can edit this page. Sign up now, it’s free and you will discover so much great music :)
Generated from facts marked up in the wiki.
No facts about this artist
You can also view a list of all recent wiki changes.
From other sources.