This page has been locked by a moderator.
There is more than one artist that has used this name.
1. A popular indie rock band from Brooklyn, New York
2. An indie band from Melbourne, Australia
3. A band from St. Louis, Missouri
1. Vivian Girls started in Brooklyn, NY in March 2007 as the trio of Cassie Ramone, Kickball Katy and Frankie Rose. While only a band for a short while, they recorded a demo CD-R which included five original songs and a Wipers cover, and began to play locally in Brooklyn and Katy and Cassie’s home state of New Jersey.
Within the first couple of months they had already developed a strong local following and the band is still very much connected to their home scene.
In March 2008 they released the “Wild Eyes” single, with very little promotion and distribution the single became an underground indie hit. Recorded in the same session, their debut self-titled LP was released by the Mauled by Tigers label, whose initial pressing of the LP sold out in ten days.
During this time, the group signed with In The Red Records who released a new single in August 2008.
In The Red re-released the record on LP and CD formats in October 2008.
In July 2008 the band underwent a lineup change with new drummer Ali Koehler replacing Frankie Rose.
The band then went on an extensive tour that saw them visit the U.S., UK, Australia, New Zealand, Japan and Puerto Rico in two months.
Their second album, Everything Goes Wrong was released by In The Red in September 2009.
2. Indie Rock band from Melbourne, Australia, active in the early 2000's.
3. Band from St. Louis, MO, active since the mid 90's.
All user-contributed text on this page is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply.