1. Raie Dacosta, also known as Uptown, late 80s Brooklyn rapper. Released only one record on Tommy Boy Records as a solo artist, but that one record was the all-time hip-hop classic “Dope On Plastic”. In the 90s he worked with Branford Marsalis and his crossover band Buckshot LeFonque.
2. Group from 1983: Song “(I know) I’m Loosing You”. A synthpop/disco song on Oak Lawn Records.
3. Group from 1996: Uptown (업타운) is a South Korean hip hop and R&B group which first debuted in 1997. Uptown was first created in 1996 when the R&B and hip-hop genres of pop music were first introduced to Korea. The group’s four original members included Chris Jung, Carlos Galvan, Steve Kim and Tasha Reid. The group underwent several lineup changes and then disbanded in 2000. The group made a comeback and released their new album, Testimony in May 2006. Steve Kim, Carlos Galvan and Chris Jung returned to the group with only Tasha Reid, the only original member not in the lineup. The female spot in the group was originally given to half-Korean half-African American rapper Say. However the position eventually went to teenage artist Jessica H.o. who was featured in their new album, Testimony.
4. There is also a punk/ska group from Bridge City, Tx with this name. Their only release was called “This Is Your Warning” an EP containing 5 tracks.
5. Uptown is also a tech house duo, formed by Si Gracia and Tyronne.
Edited by MiataGod on 18 Apr 2013, 13:51
Sources (view history)
Registered users can edit this page. Sign up now, it’s free and you will discover so much great music :)
Generated from facts marked up in the wiki.
No facts about this artist
You can also view a list of all recent wiki changes.