there are multiple artists with this name:
1. An American indie rock band
2. A German heavy metal band
3. An American grindcore band
4. An American hardcore band
5. A Bulgarian crust band
6. A Scouse punk band.
7. An American black metal band.
1. An indie band from Washington DC, Unrest formed in 1983 and were initially made up of Mark Robinson (lead guitar) and Phil Krauth (drums). In this form they experimented with a range of genres, and pinning them down was virtually impossible.
They didn't gain a great deal of popularity until they were joined by Bridget Cross (bass) in 1990. With Bridget's arrival their sound transformed into a more stable, brit-poppy one - they're often described as being in the shoegazing genre thanks to their unconfrontational, repetitive music.
2. A German Heavy Metal Band, formed in 1988 in Bremen. They have recorded seven Albums, and are still active. Their latest Album, "Back to Roots" was recorded in 2006. Unrest play Heavy Metal, that sounds that it comes straight from the eighties.
UNREST was founded in May 1988 in Bremen (Germany). During the first three years two demo productions were recorded and numerous gig were played in the northern German area. In 1991 the first album TASTE IT was produced at the Delta-Studio Wilster (Schleswig-Holstein / Germany) which was released in 1992. 1994 the second album BY THE LIGHT OF THE MOON was produced and was available at the shops in early 1995. First larger gigs with bands such as RAGE and SKYKLAD followed until in 1996 the first successful tour with ICED EARTH and NEVERMORE throughout Germany, Belgium and the Netherlands came up. Afterwards, the third CD WATCH OUT was produced in Osterholz-Scharmbeck (Niedersachsen / Germany). After its release in 1997 came the UNREST / SCANNER tour which led all the way to Italy. In the same year tours with W.A.S.P. and SINNER followed. In 1998, right on time for the band`s 10th anniversary, the fourth record COLD STEEL WHISPER was released and UNREST played at the WACKEN OPEN AIR FESTIVAL that same year. In 1999 the RESTLESS AND LIVE recorded was produced. It was released in 2000 followed closely by BLOODY VOODOO NIGHT which appeared in 2001. That same year UNREST toured the country with DIO and SINNER followed by a few concerts at several clubs in Germany until UNREST unfortunately was put into cold storage for about 3 years. In the beginning of the year 2004 al three founding members Sönke, Claus and Guido came together again just for kickstarting through anew with their two new band members André Neuhaus (bass) and Marco Liedtke (g.). Since that time new songs were written and several shows played just to announce their comeback impressively to the still existing fan community. Finally, in September 2006 the band signed their new record deal with Massacre-Records where the new album BACK TO THE ROOTS was released on November 10th, 2006.
Sönke Lau - voc
Claus Wiechert - git
Marco Liedtke - git
Andre Neuhaus - bass
Guido Hettwer - drums
3. A grindcore band from Pennsylvania active from 2007-2008. Recently reformed and playing shows again!
Debut album will be released on March 24 2015 via Unspeakable Axe Records.
4. A vegan straight edge hardcore band from Oklahoma formed in 2009, with members of Lie Awake, xThrivex, I Resign, The Misled, Waldo Young, Over Stars and Gutters, and Artisan.
This band has started going by the name "Unrest." to differentiate from the other "Unrest"s. Correct your tags accordingly.
6. Unrest – punk band (split 1993). Over the years they had many members and formats. Feat; Andy (drms), Viki (voc), Shreddy (gtr), Toe (gtr), Fatty (voc), Jackie (voc), Bone (voc,stunt gtr), Gobba (keys/voc), Baz (bass), Marc (gtr), Phil (drms). Other members were draughted in whenever necessary – due to absences, jail sentences, or general drug over-frenzies, incl Ian (drms), Sven (voc), Mike (drms). Longest lasting format was Andy Killian, Marc McDermott, Baz Clarke, Fat John (Collins) and Jackie Swanson, lasting around 7-8 years before Phil Irving replaced Andy for around 3 years. Gobba (Mark Graham) filled Fatty's boots for 18 months before Phil joined. The same long lasting format was also called Radio Mongolia when Bone sang and played guitars instead of Marc
Artist descriptions on Last.fm are editable by everyone. Feel free to contribute!
All user-contributed text on this page is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply.