30 Jan 2010, 23:49 by thomas10
28 Sep 2009, 21:29 by xiphias_29U2's Pop is said by many to be their worst album. I disagree - how can this be so, when the first two-thirds are so strong, a testament to faith in a distracted world, dressed up in the distractions themselves - glitzy electronica?
Perhaps the standard of dance music of the time and since surpasses that of Pop, but this is a rock band. They are writing rock songs, shrouded in computer finery. And underneath the distraction of it all: the most out-and-out religious and open U2 have ever been.
If I could change Pop, this is what I would do: I'd move Discotheque to mid-set, just after Gone; I'd then remove Miami and swap If You Wear That Velvet Dress and The Playboy Mansion. Finally, I'd rerecord Please (U2 have proven the worth of this song live, it is just a shame the studio version was rushed) and Wake Up Dead Man (which shows such promise but could be better). The unfinished end is the album's weakness; but the start is simply brilliant.
11 Jan 2009, 00:44 by mizz_gracehttp://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/174s/8590315.jpg
2 Do You Feel Loved
4 If God Will Send His Angels
5 Staring at the Sun
6 Last Night on Earth
9 The Playboy Mansion
10 If You Wear That Velvet Dress
12 Wake Up Dead Man
Note:I'm not really good at reviewing albums in an objective way.Actually, I'm not good at reviewing albums in any way. But I'm good at avoiding homework, so here we go.
Pop was actually the first U2 album I get. I hadn't heard any other U2 in full before, just the singles. So this should have been supposed to be a hard start, but it wasn't. Then I was really into Discotheque and Gone so I thought I should give Pop a listen. Not all of the trakcs did it for me at first, but over the months I started to like the whole album expect Miami and The Playboy Mansion. I didn't listen to the album for a few months but in the recent weeks I just rediscovered it and finally started to like these two songs. …
12 Aug 2006, 17:54 by memalena1. Choose a band/artist: U2
2. Answer ONLY using titles of their songs.
3. Are you male or female: Boy/Girl
4. Describe yourself: So Cruel
5. How do some people feel about you? In a Little While
6. How do you feel about yourself? I Feel Free
7. Describe your ex boyfriend / girlfriend: The Dream Is Over
8. Describe current boyfriend / girlfriend: I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
9. Describe where you want to be: Miami
10. Describe how you live: Where Where The Streets Have No Name
11. Describe how you love: Mysterious Ways
12. What would you ask for if you had just one wish? Everlasting Love
13. Share a few words of Wisdom: Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
14. Now say goodbye: Last Night on Earth