01. Toronto hardcore band.
02. 5 Piece Progressive Rock Outfit
03. Dark ambient project
04. Drum and Bass trio
05. Free Jazz Trio (Rempis/Ajemian/Daisy) from Chicago, defunct since 2005
06. Jazz Quartet (Jarrett/Gilgore/Niewood/Ripley) from Baltimore, Philadelphia
01. Featuring half of VCR as well as former members of Burial Permit and Cunt Punt, Triage are proof-of-concept that Toronto hardcore is burgeoning right now. Musicians are colliding into one another like atoms, creating loads of new projects that sometimes turn out to be stable, and other times, not so much. Triage are brand new, with all the excitement and uncertainty that goes along with such a project. This demo-proper is a follow up to their rehearsal demo from last year, and it finds the band deftly blending punk and metal into a punchy, varied style of their own that sounds totally vital and fresh. Think '80s Japanese hardcore guided by melodic guitarwork.
02. Triage is a Progressive Rock band from Washington UK formed in 2011. An infusion of melody wrapped in subtle nuances of their progressive musical counterparts. Triage draw on their ability to create songs and pieces filled with atmosphere and amthemic poises and still maintain the ability to keep the attention of those in all genres of Rock/Alternative/Metal music fully fixed on them.
Merging technicality and melody and the distinctive vocal style of Dean Wiseman. Guitars worked together seamlessly by Dan and Sy creating vast soundscapes and punchy rhythms. Richie West and Raggz Chandan making an invertible onslaught of calculated rhythms and pounding beats created what is now Triage.
Their debut album 'Deceiver' is out now and available on all major digital outlets. Their first single video for 'Golden Dawn' is on the bands youtube channel shown below.
03. Triage is a collaborative project between Chet W. Scott of RUHR HUNTER and Scott E. Candey of GRUNTSPLATTER that first began recording in the middle of 1997. The two were sharing an aprartment at the time that was ultimately destroyed by fire through no fault of their own. During that time about 40 minutes of material was recorded that little was done with.
Over the next couple years a clearer vision took shape for the project and this ultimately led to the release of "The Cessation of Spoil" on Glass Throat Recordings in early 2000.
The material reflects a mix of organic drones, desolate Dark Ambient and clinical Power Electronics. Deep pulses and crisp analog tones churn and drift to create a feel that stands with few comparisons.
04.Triage is an American drum and bass outfit from Portland, OR formed in 2006.
Artist descriptions on Last.fm are editable by everyone. Feel free to contribute!
All user-contributed text on this page is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply.