Tocotronic are from Hamburg and are released on L’Age D’Or, together with Die Sterne - forming the so-called hamburger schule (“Hamburg school”). However, they dislike this classification; they rather like to see their music as “discursive-rock”, which emphasizes their rather intellectual approach to pop music.
Despite having never been overly commercially successful - only “Schall & Wahn” made it to the top of the German charts, most other albums merely in the top 5-, Tocotronic have a steady fanbase in Germany and their records have been reviewed in mainstream newspapers and music magazines alike.
The band members are bassist Jan Müller, drummer Arne Zank, and guitarist and singer Dirk von Lowtzow. Starting with the album “Pure Vernunft darf niemals siegen” a second guitarist and keyboard player, Rick McPhail, has joined the band. He used to play with Tocotronic at live shows before.
* Digital ist besser (1995) (Digital is better)
* Nach Der Verlorenen Zeit (1995) (After the lost time)
* Wir Kommen Um Uns Zu Beschweren (1996) (We’re Coming To Complain)
* Es Ist Egal, Aber (1997) (It Doesn’t Matter, But)
* K.O.O.K. (1999)
* Tocotronic (2002)
* Pure Vernunft darf niemals siegen (2005) (Pure Reason Must Never Prevail)
* Kapitulation (2007)
* Schall & Wahn (2010)
* Wie wir leben wollen (2013)
Edited by tartex on 18 Nov 2013, 10:46
Registered users can edit this page. Sign up now, it’s free and you will discover so much great music :)
Generated from facts marked up in the wiki.
You can also view a list of all recent wiki changes.
From other sources.