There are three These Hands:
(1) One is the music centered around Michael Hanson, a Canadian songwriter and multi-instrumentalist.
(2) The second is the now disbanded underground rock band hailing from London, England.
(3) the third is a screamo band from columbus, ohio.
(1) These Hands is the stage name of Michael Hanson, an indie singer/songwriter based out of Saskatchewan, Canada. His first album, The Golden Touch, was recorded in his basement and released in 2006. Mike played most of the instruments himself, including the electric/acoustic/bowed guitars, electric bass, violin, cello, flute, accordion & percussion. The rest of the instruments were done by friends of his. The material for the album, totalling in eight songs, was being written and performed as far back as three years prior.
Mike's music is influenced by artists such as Nick Drake, Roger Waters, David Bowie, John Lennon, and Paul Simon. He has played many gigs around Canada, including Field Festival in Craik, SK; Sled Island Music Festival in Calgary, AB; and Pop Montreal in Montreal, QC. He is currently working on his second album, He Himself and Him, due to be released in 2008.
(2) The London These Hands were 3-4 dudes based in London knocking out transatlantic underground rock.
They played with the likes of Charlottefield, Cove, Econoline, Party of One, Jetscreamer, Princess Headbutt, Kyote… Despite no lack of trying they never played outside of London.
Will Heaven thumped the boom stick, Raul Desai banged the pots n' pans, A. K. Zincke played some guitar and hollered, Doug Shearer joined for the last year (2005-06) and played un-typical guitarage.
Bands that share members:
(3) These hands consists of Chris Moore, Tim Cartwright, and Jon Willis. They drink a lot of beer and don't give a fuck.
Artist descriptions on Last.fm are editable by everyone. Feel free to contribute!
All user-contributed text on this page is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply.