Get out your hanky, folks, cause this mix is a tear-jerker. At least, I kept crying while I made it.
1. Lágrimas Negras (Conjunto Céspedes)
2. Making Pies (Patty Griffin)
3. No Time To Cry (Iris DeMent)
4. I Think It's Going To Rain Today (Randy Newman)
5. The High Road (Bettye Lavette)
6. Mercy Now (Mary Gauthier)
7. Help a Man (Robin Holcomb)
8. Keep Me In Your Heart (Warren Zevon)
9. Will You Miss Me (The Red Clay Ramblers)
10. Acony Bell (Gillian Welch)
11. To Live Is To Fly (Townes Van Zandt)
I know, I know, once more it's very folk-heavy, which I said I wouldn't do, but then the theme was announced, and, well, the saddest songs I know are folk songs.
Download it here: Sadness and Comfort mix. Lyrics are included (some transcribed by yours truly!).
Hope you find it worth a listen.