1) UK Indie Rock Band
2) Un grupo de Bogotá, Colombia
3) Indie Rock band out of Southern California
1) The Lillies were an indie rock band formed as a collaboration between members of the bands Cocteau Twins (Simon Raymonde), Lush (Miki Berenyi, Chris Acland) and Moose (Kevin McKillop, Russell Yates).
They released only one song titled “And David Seaman Will Be Very Disappointed About That…”, which appeared on a flexi-disc that came with the Tottenham Hotspur football fanzine The Spur (Issue 24, September 1991).
The band members were all Tottenham fans, and recorded the track at the suggestion of Stuart Mutler, editor of The Spur.
The song commemorates the 3-1 victory over Arsenal FC in the FA Cup semi-final in May 1991. After rejecting suggestions that they should record a cover version of an old football song, such as “Nice One Cyril”, they decided to come up with an original song. The only discernible vocals on the track are Miki Berenyi chanting “Three-one”. Yates said of the track: “…we’ve all been Spurs fans for years, and for myself making this flexi has probably made me more proud than making any Moose record”.
2) The Lillies es un grupo de Bogotá, Colombia. Combina experimentación profunda de música contemporánea con los sonidos más deliciosamente pop en el ambiente. Sus coordenadas son intrazables pues cada trabajo es único, respondiendo a los caprichos inmediatos de su creador.
La música de The Lillies gira sobre sí misma, actuando como un plano donde se proyectan los flujos culturales que inundan la congestionada esfera musical de hoy. The Lillies refleja y conforma una experiencia particular de esta experiencia rizomática de la música, superando por completo los prejuicios de originalidad y apropiación, haciendo uso indiscriminado de cualquier elemento cultural para integrarse al rizoma musical del que hace parte.
3) The Lillies (http://www.last.fm/music/lillies) are a band in which available ears are eager to throw comparisons. In the spectrum that lies between raw near/ avant garde tumble of a band like The Velvet Underground and the lush but commercial testament of a band like U2 these ears tends to categorize The Lillies. While the space between is far to wide, The Lillies approach to art is just as wide. Heavily rooted in The Blues, although that my not be apparent, The Lillies have a natural desire to have have their o
Roberto Perada and Matthew Humphrey dabbled for a year or so in a, for lack of a better word, three cord power rock band. While this may not have sufficiently fed their creative hunger it did well to show them the process of starting a band. Both the good and the bad aspects of it. After Realizing they were not the “just for fun” musicians that the rest of the band embodied they left. Immediately after they formed The Lillies.
While maturing as musicians they soon found other members and began playing many shows in southern California giving them a local following in the High Desert. That following continues to grow for the necessary experience, The Lillies embarked on a tour through Oregon and even found the time to make a music video.
The Lillies approach music in a free way. they never know what their next song is going to sound like, they only know that it will be their voice. With hard work and discipline they continue to create.
Edited by sara-rene on 16 Aug 2011, 06:10
Registered users can edit this page. Sign up now, it’s free and you will discover so much great music :)
Generated from facts marked up in the wiki.
You can also view a list of all recent wiki changes.
From other sources.