28. Mai. 2011, 15:43 von fg78k
18. Mai. 2010, 0:28 von omgface
23. Nov. 2009, 17:55 von caverdaz
15. Nov. 2009, 23:36 von l-mid
8. Nov. 2009, 13:11 von Rock-O-Mania
10. Okt. 2009, 19:13 von jamesdcodyBelow I have compiled a list of my favourite albums of the last decade:
It goes without saying that Doves are by far my favourite band of the past ten years with all four of their albums inside my top 50.
This is a work in progress so bare with me......reviews to follow.
1) Doves - Lost Souls(2000)
Doves debut album Lost Souls is as close to the ultimate album as you could get. It demands you to listen more and more. I remember walking into a record shop and buying Doves Second album The Last Broadcast and the bloke behind the till saying "Have you heard lost souls?" To which i replied "No" and i vagely remember him saying "You have to buy it, if theres one album you need thats it", He wasn't wrong! Needless to say, I bought it and have been a huge Doves fan since. Its moody, yet uplifting vibe really catches you with brilliant basslines and well crafted song structures. …
23. Jul. 2009, 16:22 von Rock-O-Mania
17. Jan. 2009, 22:58 von sof93
17. Jan. 2009, 14:18 von Verslapper2008 saw me continue my drift towards heavier and more diverse music, and I think I've found my musical home: the slow, sludgy, low and heavy stylings of grunge. Perhaps I've come full circle back to the genre that burst onto the music scene in the early to mid 1990s, as I was becoming acquainted with music. In fact, I've been drawn to a lot more older music this year: from 1970s Southern rockers Lynyrd Skynyrd, the 70s and 80s progressive rock of Rush, the 70s and 80s heavy metal of Judas Priest, 70s and 80s punk from Sex Pistols and Dead Kennedys, indie rock forefathers Pixies, the grunginess of Alice In Chains (and re-introducing myself to Soundgarden and Nirvana) and the greatest of all discoveries: the 90s sludge metal of Kyuss.
Part of this stems from listening to the least amount of radio in years. My beautiful Subaru Liberty, acquired November 2007, always has an MP3 DVD with stuff on it. Maybe the hip-hop and RnB on Triple J was too much for me. …
12. Aug. 2008, 4:40 von jm2soccerFri 1 Aug – Lollapalooza 2008
Friday August 1 - Day 1 at Lollapalooza
These guys were my first band of the festival and they started it off well. I did not know too much as I had only gotten to listen to them once before seeing them. I thought these guys put on a good show. The band was very energetic and were moving around the stage a lot. The music sounded good too. I left these guys early but one of my friends informed me that the band kissed each other on stage. From what I saw this was a good show probably would have been better at night.
I was excited for this band after receiving this album from a friend awhile back. They did not do much on stage but the music was right on cue and the lead singer was great. There was a little more screaming during the show then on the cd, I'm Like A Virgin Losing A Child, but it was put to good use. Overall this was a good show with high hopes for the future.