26 Mar 2011, 19:48 by rtdueck
28 Dec 2010, 15:33 by BabyLuvxxI don't kow why I thought to write a journal entry about this to be perfectly honest. I am just sitting listening to my "The clash" album by the band of the same name of course. And i cn't help but think that punk/rock isn't what it used to be?. Am I the only one who thinks this?. Ya know punk used to be all about the music, amazing performances and well of course brilliant lyrics, but it's just not the same anymore. Well to me it's not.
Don't get me wrong, I love modern rock or punk ( as some class themselves) as well. I mean I listen to a lot of modern day rock bands such as "bullet for my valentine", "all time low" and "My chemical romance". I love the styles that these bands have went for. But there are so many bands out there today who class themselves as "punk" yet they are just silly little boys, with a guitar for an image and singing quite poppy songs and classing them as "punk/rock"...Please god no!.
24 Nov 2008, 23:40 by Augie_March1. How did you get into 29 (Chris Corner)?
I think it was through The Mighty Boosh. Someone had an icon or something about his 'Sailor' song and it amused me way too much, so I looked up the lyrics and then etc. Didn't get into his actual solo stuff (this) for a while though.
2. What was the first song you ever heard by 22 (Robots in Disguise)?
Probably G.I.R.L. I'd never heard of them before. Again, thanks to the Boosh, really.
3. What’s your favorite lyric by 33 (The Rolling Stones)?
"But what can a poor boy do
Except sing for a rock and roll band?"
Street Fighting Man
4. What is your favorite album by 49 (Towers Of London)?
Blood, Sweat & Towers
Haven't bothered to download the second album. Is there even a second album?
5. How many albums by 13 (The Libertines) do you own?
Physically bought, can hold in my hands and pay money for albums? Zero. :(
6. What is your favorite song by 50 (The Killers)?
31 Aug 2008, 02:58 by cjmarsicano1.How did you get into 29? Joy Division
A bit late - about ten years ago when I finally got off my ass and bought their albums.
2. What was the first song you ever heard by 22? Hüsker Dü
3. What's your favorite lyric by 33? John Coltrane
"A love supreme... a love supreme..."
4. How did you get into 49? Deicide
I saw a local death metal band, Ossuary encore with "Suicidal Sacrifice"
5. How many albums by 13 do you own? Iggy Pop
At least 15.
6. What is your favorite song by 50? New York Dolls
7. Is there a song by 39 that makes you sad? Circle Jerks
No, there isn't.
8. What is your favorite song by 15? Rollins Band
9. What is your favorite song by 5? Nine Inch Nails
10. Is there a song by 6 that makes you happy? King Crimson
11. What is the worst song by 40? Public Image Ltd.
Fodderstompf. I still like it, though.
12. What is your favorite song by 10? PUFFY
"JOINING A FAN CLUB"
27 Feb 2008, 01:41 by terrascura1. Put your music player on shuffle.
2. Press forward for each question.
3. Use the song title as the answer to the question even if it doesn't make sense. NO CHEATING!
1. How are you feeling today?
I Don't Wanna Be Tamed
2. Will you get far in life?
3. How do your friends see you?
Ride the Wild Wind
4. Will you get married?
5. What is your life's theme song?
6. What is the story of your life?
Rock & Roll with Me
7. What was high school like?
8. How can you get ahead in life?
9. What is tomorrow going to be like?
Seven Seas of Rhye
10. What is the best thing about your friends?
In the Flesh
11. What is in store for the next weekend?
Listen to My Heart
12. What song best describes you?
13. How is your life going?
If You Want Blood
14. What song will play at your funeral?
Smells Like Teen Spirit
15. How does the world see you?
29 Jun 2007, 00:46 by staticcityCreating a playlist from every song title in my library that contains the word "city" yields pretty good results:
Some Cities - Doves
Peek-A-Boo (Dance Velocity) - Devo
Whiskeyclone, Hotel City 1997 - Beck
The Town And The City - Teenage Fanclub
Drugs (Electricity) - Talking Heads
Star City - Monster Movie
Atrocity - Joy Division
The City (Four Tet Mix) - Jamie Lidell
Suffragette City - David Bowie
City in Progress - Broadcast
The Only Living Boy In New York City - Simon & Garfunkel
Get Out of Cities - Blur
Cities - Talking Heads
Get Out of the City - Ivy
City of Dreams - Talking Heads
Bamako City - Mali Music
Clash City Rockers - The Clash
The City Is Here for You to Use - The Futureheads
Living For The City - Stevie Wonder
Phoenix City - Roland Alphonso
At the Chime of a City Clock - Nick Drake
Electricity (Drugs) - Talking Heads
Some Cities - Doves
First Trip to the City - Monster Movie
Hectic City - State Of Bengal
15 Nov 2006, 21:28 by evetsx
10 Mar 2006, 05:16 by MalicaboGo to the music player of your choice and put it on shuffle. Say the following questions aloud and press play. Use the song titles as your answers. NO CHEATING!
How does the world see me?
Song: Cast No Shadow
Comments: So, I'm immune to the sun, and my pride is stolen? Wow. That's inspiring.
Will I have a happy life?
Song: Clash City Rockers
Artist: The Clash
Comments: "Think of all the money you’ve got"? Suppose I won't be too sad.
What do my friends really think of me?
Song: Black Betty
Artist: Ram Jam
Comments: Hah...wow. Hopefully that isn't exactly accurate.
Do people secretly lust after me?
Artist: Duran Duran
Comments: Apparently, in an addictive alien way, yes. They're leaving with me.
How can I make myself happy?
Song: Big Rock Candy Mountin
Artist: Harry Mcclintock
Comments: Yes, living in such a land would probably make me rather happy. And what can beat a hiking hobo?
What should I do with my life?
7 Mar 2006, 22:18 by ZodokaiI'm sorry... I was incredibly bored and I realized that I haven't done any of these quiz things.
1. What are you listening to right now?
2. What song makes you sad?
Seasons in the Sun
3. What is the most annoying song in the world?
4. Your all time favorite band?
5. Your newly discovered band is?
6. Best female voice?
Don't really know...
7. Best male voice?
Billie Joe Armstrong and Mike Dirnt
8. Music type you find yourself listening to most?
Punk and punk rock
9. What do you listen to, to hype you up?
10. What do you listen to when you want to calm down?
London Calling or Warning
11. Last gig/concert you went to?
A little benefit concert at my school with some of my classmates performing... The Black Guards, Mad Tryst, and Phoebe Henry
12. Band you find yourself listening to the most right now?
Green Day, The Clash, Operation Ivy, and The Network
13. Most hated band?