You are viewing an old version of this wiki. View the latest version.
There have been at least four bands called The Butterfly Effect:
1) Australian hard rock band
2) Swedish 90's electronic band
3) Thai Rock/indie band
4) Canadian alternative rock band (1999-2004)
(1) The Butterfly Effect is a hard rock band from Brisbane, Australia, formed in 1999. Since February 2002 the band has toured Australia and Europe extensively, and have performed over 800 times both locally and overseas as a headlining act. The band have performed at all major rock festivals in Australia including Big Day Out, Homebake, Livid and Falls Festival.
Their first EP, The Butterfly Effect (EP), was released in 2001, and charted well on the ARIA Independent charts. This first release, featuring the Triple J single "Take Me Away", was more "nu-metal" than later recordings although contained much of what was to become their signature soundscapes. They followed this with the critically-acclaimed Begins Here, released on 3 August 2003. The album peaked at No. 23 in Australia, reaching gold sales accreditation by mid-2006. It produced the minor hit Always, and attracted considerable critical acclaim
On 17 June 2006, the album Imago was released, with a move towards progressive rock and a less heavy sound. It was produced in Los Angeles by Joe Barresi, who had just produced Tool's "10,000 Days" album. The album was commercially successful, being featured on national radio station Triple J, peaking at No. 2 in Australia in its first week and attaining gold sales accreditation just nine weeks later. The single A Slow Descent also peaked at No. 9 on the singles charts.
Their next album, Final Conversation of Kings, was released on 20 September 2008. It was produced by Forrester Savill on the Central Coast of New South Wales, and represented a significant change in their sound, but did not match either the commercial or critical success of previous releases despite charting at No.3 in its first week in Australia.
(2) The Butterfly Effect was an early 90s side project of the Swedish electronic band Twice A Man, experimenting in the ambient and techno genres.
(3) BUTTERFLY EFFECT is a popular rock and indie band in Thailand.
Artist descriptions on Last.fm are editable by everyone. Feel free to contribute!
All user-contributed text on this page is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply.