There are four bands with the name "The Burning";
- An atmospheric black metal project from Nachtzeit which can be seen as a predecessor to Lustre and Starlit.
- A groove/death & thrash metal band from Denmark.
- A thrash metal band from Australia, which split-up in 2005.
- A doom band from the USA with a single release in 1992.
1. Following the blueprint laid down by the genre defining albums of the mid-nineties THE BURNING plays a bastardized mix of groove-metal and crossover-thrash in the vein of CHAOS AD, VULGAR DISPLAY OF POWER, and HELMET's MEANTIME focusing on minimal hook laden riffs, using aggression and crunch to grab the listeners attention.
Highly recommended for fans of huge monothematic heavy grooves, pulverizing mid-pace stomps and memorable melodies THE BURNING's "No gimmick" approach, and almost dogmatic love for simple song structuring have helped establish them as one of Denmark's leading metal acts.
Soaked in aggro attitude, but barked out with a slightly more melodic throaty tone than most other modern vocalists, JOHNNY HAVEN's lyrics tell very personal tales of religious abuse, addictions, war and soul searching.
The patented "Less is more" delivery of TOBY HØST and THUE MØLLER's crushingly heavy rhythm section sees back to basics drumming and thick distorded bass laying down a groove infused foundation for new guitarist ALEX THE KID's meaty chugging riffs.
Known mostly from their many intense, commanding live performances, and both debut STORM THE WALLS, and 2009's DmeA award nominated follow up REWAKENING 2010 will see the release of THE BURNING's third and career defining album HAIL THE HORDE, that shows a more mature side of a band that have finally found their own identity and will see them vying for supremacy with their patented "complexity in simplicity" approach.
2. The Burning was an atmospheric black metal / dark ambient project from Nachtzeit (Lustre, Starlit, Life Neglected et cetera) founded in 2006. Over the course of three years, four EP's and one single were created. The project was put to rest when Nachzeit started Lustre. In 2011, Nachtzeit released the entire The Burning discography for free.
Artist descriptions on Last.fm are editable by everyone. Feel free to contribute!
All user-contributed text on this page is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply.