30. Mär. 2015, 15:44 von leavesinthecity
1. Jan. 2014, 20:54 von treepees
3. Jun. 2011, 21:12 von PorridgeGunHead Over Heels / Sunburst and Snowblind
Blue Bell Knoll
In the Right Place
Bless The Weather
Richard D. James Album
Songs of Love, Hope and Despair
Dial 'M' for Motherfucker
24. Dez. 2010, 14:39 von WayneBirchMy favourite albums of 2010 that were released in 2010
1. April by Hope & Social
2. The Way Out by The Books
3. Becoming a Jackal by Villagers
4. Move of Ten by Autechre
5. Barking by Underworld
6. Returnal by Oneohtrix Point Never
7. Freedom Of The City by The Fuse
8. There Is Love in You by Four Tet
9. Small Craft on a Milk Sea by Brian Eno
10. The Suburbs by Arcade Fire
My favourite albums of 2010 that were not released in 2010
1. Architect of this Church by Hope & Social (2009)
2. Seek Magic by Memory Tapes (2009)
3. Experiments In Living by Four Day Hombre (2006)
4. The Power Out by Electrelane (2004)
5. Themes From William Blake's The Marriage Of Heaven And Hell by Ulver (1998)
6. Dwell by The Envy Corps (2007)
7. A Cast Of Thousands by Elbow (2003)
8. Hot Fuss by The Killers (2004)
9. The Lemon of Pink by The Books (2003)
10. A Grand Don't Come for Free by The Streets (2004)
12. Dez. 2009, 20:34 von randyseternityNOTE: To keep things more interesting i limited myself to 1 album per artist
50. Cymbals Eat Guitars - Why There are Mountains (2009)
49. Frightened Rabbit - The Midnight Organ Fight (2008)
48. mewithoutYou - Brother, Sister (2006)
47. Xiu Xiu - Fabulous Muscles (2004)
46. The Unicorns - who will cut our hair when we're gone (2003)
45. The Decemberists - Castaways and Cutouts (2002)
44. Midlake - The Trials Of Van Occupanther (2006)
43. Panda Bear - Person Pitch (2007)
42. St. Vincent - Actor (2009)
41. The Postal Service - Give Up (2003)
40. The Mae Shi - HLLLYH (2008)
39. Unwound - Leaves Turn Inside You (2001)
38. Spoon - Kill the Moonlight (2002)
37. This Will Destroy You - This Will Destroy You (2008)
36. The Knife - Silent Shout (2006)
35. Beirut - The Flying Club Cup (2007)
34. Lightning Bolt - Wonderful Rainbow (2003)
33. Man Man - Six Demon Bag (2006)
32. No Age - Nouns (2008)
31. The Books - The Lemon of Pink (2003)
17. Okt. 2009, 2:45 von Monker001Now, before we start, can I just say one thing? I like music. I mean, I really like music. I suppose, or at least I hope, that fact is pretty self-evident. But then again, don't we all? I could reel off a load of bullshit about the subjective nature of music, opinions, taste and so on and so forth but that'd make this here lil' listy rather pointless, wouldn't it? Shit like this is designed to inspire debate and evoke feelings of outrage, agreement, disbelief and, more often than not, sheer-fucking-wall-punching-bin-kicking-hand-breaking anger. If you can be arsed reading what I've scribed, then kudos to you. Hopefully you won't agree. I doubt you will. I probably don't. If you do you're likely to be a stalker who wants to have sex with me. You better be female. And fit(ish).
Anyway, enjoy. Or don't. I'm off to make some toast.
100. Bloc Party - Silent Alarm
99. No Age - Nouns
98. Shearwater - Rook
97. Matt & Kim - Grand
28. Aug. 2009, 4:50 von spacehxcBroken Social Scene - You Forgot It In People
This is a near perfect album. It has a flow that makes it feel like a mixtape, varying in genres and styles, whilst maintaining a strong theme that holds the whole thing together. Its unlike anything I've ever heard in that the list of contributors is large, yet it never varies so much as to come off like it is reaching for something it can't obtain.
The Books - The Lemon of Pink
Strange and very unique stuff, mixing strings with found sound and samples gathered from who knows where. Listening to this album is uncomfortable at first, because it makes you feel like you are eavesdropping on a very personal conversation; yet as the album moves on it brings the listener into the fold.
M83 - Dead Cities, Red Seas & Lost Ghosts
I maintain that this is the best m83 album by far. m83 was a two man band with this album…
27. Feb. 2009, 11:04 von SykilJesus fuck am I bored to be doing this shit.
1. How did you get into 29?
Wire: I read the review of the triple pack of Pink Flag, Chairs Missing, and 154 on Pitchfork and downloaded it on the spot. The descriptions of the albums combined with the fact that the first two had (rare) perfect 10s made them seem irresistible. I wasn't disappointed.
2. What was the first song you ever heard by 22?
Sleep was the first track I heard by Godspeed You! Black Emperor, 40+ plays later, it's just as transcendent as the first time I heard it. Nothing feels better than when the horns kick in shortly after the 16-minute mark.
3. What’s your favorite lyric by 33?
Um. All of Agoraphobia? Thanks, Deerhunter.
4. What is your favorite album by 49?
The Lemon of Pink
5. How many albums by 13 do you own?
I own all of Stars' studio albums, and Set Yourself on Fire is easily my favorite, but Heart and In Our Bedroom After the War have some great songs as well.
28. Mai. 2008, 23:42 von loveyourbuttons1. How did you get into 29?
Joga was burned for me on my favorite mix-CD I've ever recieved. The love affair blossomed from there.
2. What was the first song you ever heard by 22?
A Tribe Called Quest
Hey Sucka Niggas, whoever you are.
3. How many albums by 13 do you own?
My Bloody Valentine.
Two…Loveless and Isn't Anything.
4. What is your favorite song by 15?
Broken Social Scene
Cause = Time and Love & Mathematics
5. What is your favorite song by 5?
The Magnetic Fields
You and Me and the Moon, When My Boy Walks Down the Street, No One Will Ever Love You, The Nun's Litany, I can't choose!
6. Is there a song by 6 that makes you happy?
Slowdive is not a band that makes me happy. Their music is absolutely beautiful, but the kind of beauty that makes me sad, rather.
7. What is your favorite song by 10?
The Jesus & Mary Chain
Head On, The Hardest Walk, About You
8. What is a good memory you have involving 30?
Smoking a bowl to Smoke a Bowl.
11. Dez. 2007, 14:51 von bluey