There are at least three artists with the name The Basics:
1. An Australian rock band (active from 2002 to present)
2. A US blues-roots rock band (active from 1999 to present)
3. An acoustic act from Adelaide Australia 2003-2007
1. The Basics were formed in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia in 2002 by Kris Schroeder and Wally de Backer (AKA Gotye). Their musical style can loosely be described as heavily referencing 60s pop and rock (eg The Beatles, The Beach Boys) with elements of reggae and rhythm & blues. Tim Heath joined the group in June 2004, while Dave Bramble joins the band on tour, playing keys, often while sporting a large moustache. Their live performances are well known for their sense of humour and energy.
Wally de Backer: Drums, Vocals
Tim Heath: Guitar, Vocals
Kris Schroeder: Bass, Vocals
Dave Bramble (live shows): Keyboards, Vocals
2. The Basics (or Dave Cowen and the Basics) were initially formed by Dave Cowen in 1982 in South Bend, Indiana, USA, and after disbanding in 1983, reformed in 1999 with the current line-up. A Michiana based roots rock band, they have released three albums and a single:
Guilty / Baby Blue (Single) 2001
Private Drive 2006
Rockin' Town 2011
Dave Cowen: Vocals, Guitar, Harmonica
Ben Hahaj: Drums
Charley Neises: Bass
This version of The Basics have two other profiles on Last.fm:
Artist descriptions on Last.fm are editable by everyone. Feel free to contribute!
All user-contributed text on this page is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply.