1. An English synthpop duo.
2. A Brazilian synthpop/ambient/EBM/electro duo.
3. A member of the Russian hiphop crew Kunteynir.
1. Technique is an English female synthpop band created by Kate Holms including singer Xan Tylor. The band was named after New Order’s 1989 album of the same name, and they were signed to the record label owned by Holmes’s husband - Alan McGee’s Creation Records.
Holmes and Tyler met at Butterfly, the studio owned by legendary producer and former Killing Joke member Youth, where Tyler was working as a session backing vocalist. They began work on their debut album, with synthpop veteran Stephen Hague and Oasis producer Owen Morris handling production duties alongside Holmes herself. Other notable contributors to the album included Ash frontman Tim Wheeler, vocalist Kirsty Hawkshaw and Youth himself on bass.
Technique released two singles on Creation in the summer of 1999 - “Sun is Shining” and “You & Me”. “Sun is Shining” reached number 64 in Th UK Singles Chart in April 1999 and “You & Me” got to number 56 in August of the same year. The album, by now entitled Pop Philosophy, was promo-ed but never officially saw the light of day after McGee decided to close the label. Technique lay dormant for several years while McGee set up his new venture, Poptones. Holmes and Tyler both contributed to Mission Control’s Dub Showcase album (produced by Holmes’s long-term associated Mad Professor), which featured several unreleased songs from Pop Philosophy.
In 2000, C-pop singer Coco Lee had a huge hit on the Asian market with a cover of Technique’s second single, You and Me. Following this, Poptones released a truncated version of Pop Philosophy in Germany and Asia, featuring seven tracks plus two remixes by Matt Darey. Sun is Shining and You & Me were also re-released in Germany, and the band toured extensively during 2001.
Technique evolved into the mysterious electro-pop band Client when Tyler was unable to take part in a tour supporting Depeche Mode. Kate Holmes replaced her with Sarah Blackwood from Newcastle-upon-Tyne band Dubstar, and shortly thereafter renamed the group.
From this Depeche Mode tour a new masterplan was put in place, with the two becoming Client A and Client B, plus a new deal with Andy Fletcher’s Toast Hawaii record label.
2. A Brazilian based synthpop/EBM/Electro consisting of the brothers Alex and Beto. Bio: During the spring of 1988, Alex and Beto, heavy influenced by bands and artists like Yazoo, Human League, Depeche Mode, KRAFTWERK decided to start a band. With the aim to make electronic music the way it was made during the early 1980s, they began to put some songs together and create Technique.
3. Technique (Паша Техник) is a member of the Russian hiphop crew Kunteynir.
Edited by Grosseteste on 16 Sep 2013, 08:34
Sources (view history)
Registered users can edit this page. Sign up now, it’s free and you will discover so much great music :)
Generated from facts marked up in the wiki.
No facts about this artist
You can also view a list of all recent wiki changes.
From other sources.