There are currently seven bands called Symbiosis on Last.fm:
1. Symbiosis - the one-man project of Valerio Orlandini, from Firenze (Italy).
2. Symbiosis - A post-hardcore band with Spiderman inspired lyrics from Frostburg, MD http://symbiosiscamp.bandcamp.com/
3. Symbiosis - A sublime mix of uplifting soulful reggae grooves with a side dish of roots, dub and beats from a Melbourne based act.
4. Symbiosis - Peaceful Music for Deep Relaxation & Holistic Therapies from UK-based group featuring flautist John Hackett.
5. Symbiosis - Two of Subcity's best underground music shows unite under the Symbiosis banner. Cutting-edge drum n' bass on a deeper, more cerebral tip and the best dubstep on the station. Brings you a flavour of our every-other-month rave at the Soundhaus.
6.Symbiosis - Djent band form Slovakia http://symbiosisproject.bandcamp.com/
7. Symbiosis - a seventies freejazz group consisting of a.o. Robert Wyatt, Roy Babbington, Gary Windo and Mongezi Feza. They only recorded a radio session for the BBC in 1971 before dissolving.
1. Symbiosis is a one-man project of Valerio Orlandini,, from Firenze (Italy). It was born in 2004, but it came serious in the second half of 2005. The first demo, "Passages", was self-released in February 2006. This caught the attention of the great Uruk-Hai (Austria), so a split album with him was released in May 2006 by the Bulgarian label A.M.F. Productions.
A new demo broke up in July 2006: "A Midsummer Night's Dream", the perfect soundscape of the hot, yet still dark, Italian Summer woods.
After this effort, in Autumn 2006 three split albums will be out: Vannvidd / Symbiosis (re-released later on tape with the participation of the German artist S and the Catalunian artist der Wald), Wedard / Symbiosis and Hrefensholt / Symbiosis / Bagatur.
Besides his constant work with Symbiosis, Valerio has recently begun work on another solo project that bares his own name.
2. The second Symbiosis are a Melbourne based act that have been growing in popularity for the past 3 years, strengthening their line-up and honing their sound and skills. Their hard work has been paying off, with the band developing a growing reputation from music fans and industry alike, and garnering a groundswell of support at live shows right around Australia.
Symbiosis dishes out a melting pot of musical flavours, serving up a sublime mix of uplifting soulful reggae grooves with a side dish of roots, dub and beats. It's a sound that's fresh, appealing and invites listeners to climb right on board and get dancing.
3. Creating sounds that are either calming and refreshing or thought-provoking and atmospheric, British-based group Symbiosis are a unique fusion of ambient soundscapes with superbly played natural instruments such as flutes, guitar, woodwind and gentle percussion. They formed in 1988 and their best known albums for relaxing and healing are Touching the Clouds and Amber and Jade, which are both over 70 minutes long and whose tracks blend one into another, creating a continuous flow of music suitable for massage, meditation, yoga or holistic therapies.
Symbiosis often include natural sounds in their compositions and in 1997, the group released their first pure sound effects album: AOTEAROA - Nature Sounds of New Zealand. These uniquely relaxing recordings from the 'Land of the Long White Cloud' feature the beautiful calls of birds like the Tui, Bellbird and Kaka, as well as the sounds of Pacific shores, gentle rain, distant thunder, calming bush atmospheres, hot springs and even some bubbling mud!
Core members of the group are flautist John Hackett (renowned in his own right for his UK solo albums and worldwide for his recordings and live performances with brother Steve Hackett); jazz and folk-influenced guitarist Richard Bolton; and founder-member Clive Williamson, who plays keyboards and percussion and whose years of experience as a Sound Designer at the BBC have helped to give Symbiosis its unique flavour. Their latest work is a rhythmic global fusion drawing influences and sounds from many cultures called Dancing in Your Dreams. They currently have ten albums on iTunes.
Official Website: http://www.symbiosis-music.com/
4. Two of Subcity's best underground music shows unite under the Symbiosis banner. Cutting-edge drum n' bass on a deeper, more cerebral tip and the best dubstep on the station. Brings you a flavour of our every-other-month rave at the Soundhaus.
Artist descriptions on Last.fm are editable by everyone. Feel free to contribute!
All user-contributed text on this page is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply.