29 Jun 2015, 14:54 by CeeJaiGee
11 Jan 2015, 08:24 by Mark_HWhen rating albums I try to do so in a historical context, that is how an album compares against the entire musical ancestry. This means that the best album for any given year, which most people would rate with top marks may not receive the same rating in my charts as only the best albums of all time should get the highest ratings... This chart includes compilations, live albums and also any non-Prog albums I buy.
Note: I vote on a bell curve, anything above 6 is really good, anything below 4 really isn't :D
9+ - Masterpiece
8 - Incredible
7 - Superb
6 - Excellent
5 - Average
4 - Mediocre
3 - Fans only
2 - Completists only
1 - Run screaming from the room!
1. (=) King Crimson - Live At the Orpheum (2015) - 7.48 [+0.07]
2. (+2) Van der Graaf Generator - After the Flood: At the BBC (2015) - 7.12 [+0.07]
3. (-1) Gavin Harrison - Cheating The Polygraph (2015) - 7.10
4. (-1) Il Balletto di Bronzo - Trys (1999) - 7.05
20 Jan 2013, 08:02 by druantia86
1 Nov 2012, 13:41 by MoulinetteDhttp://i13.servimg.com/u/f13/10/08/82/43/ashent10.jpg
- Ashent - Inheritance
- Teramaze - AnhedoniA
- Moongod - Aeternam
- Threshold - March Of Progress
- I and Thou - Speak
ღ - Naïve - Illuminatis
ღ - Skunk Anansie - Black Traffic
- Mono - For My Parents
ღ - Flying Colors - Flying Colors
ღ - Anathema - Weather Systems
ღ - Diablo Swing Orchestra - Pandora's Piñata
23 Sep 2012, 20:04 by itishereFri 21 Sep – Progressive Promotion Festival
It was the first time we visited "Das Rind", but definitely not the last time! The location (for an audience of about 200-300 persons) is already well-known among prog fans. It was the 2nd time that the "Progressive Promotion Festival" took place there, scheduled for two days this year.
On Friday, the line-up was as follows:
* Sunchild (Ukraine)
* Cryptex (Germany)
* Believe (Poland)
Instead of Cryptex, The Tangent had originally been planned. But unfortunately, they had to cancel their gig at short notice (for family reasons).
I did not know any of the artists playing on Friday and I had no idea what to expect of the different bands (which is often the best way to discover new favorites). ;)
The evening started off with Sunchild, who entered the stage with 6 persons. They have two lead singers (Antony Kalugin and Viktoriia Osmachko), with Antony also at the keys and Viktoriia adding to the band's sound with different percussion instruments. …
10 Jul 2012, 21:51 by trevorrabinSat 7 Jul – Night of the Prog
Seventh year of festival and my fourth time there in Loreley was again timeless event. The difficulties were only during first hours there, when we realized the bitterly funny reality of organization of camping site. Boss of the camp stormed to our place on motorcycle in the camp where we just played guitars with couple of other fans, sitting on the grass and enjoying ourselves and not disturbing anyone. But we didn't have tickets to sit on that grass unfortunately... Boss started to shout it is his property, we have to leave, said also some nasty words and finally called police... Fortunately no one came to arrest us, so we survived till next day when performances began at noon.
Hasse Froberg (of The Flower Kings fame) came with his companions on the stage, as the opening act of the whole festival. He played something from his solo, actually very decent and interesting stuff, even I didn't know it before. Then, Enochian Theory entered the stage. …
3 Jun 2012, 23:10 by selkadiLast updated on December 22 2013
Inspired by Mark_H's fine lists, I've decided to publish my ratings of albums. This is my list of prog albums released in 2012 and you can find links to my other lists on my profile page.
I rate every song on an album based on the following criteria.
10 - Masterpiece
9 - Excellent
8 - Very good
7 - Nice
6 - Average
5 - Could be better
4 - Don't like it
3 - Bad
2 - Horrible
1 - Can't listen to it
When rating an album, I calculate its weighted average considering each song's duration. I also consider previous works released by the artist that I know of, so I can adjust ratings from time to time.
Albums rated around 7 or above are recommended.
Albums rated around 6 are average and you could give it a try to see if you like it.
So, here is my list, which will be updated as I rate new albums or adjust some ratings. Feel free to leave your comments ;-)
01. (=) Big Big Train - English Electric (Part One) - 7.69
02. (=) echolyn - Echolyn - 7.68
26 Mar 2012, 22:26 by MistermasylPlaylista:
1. Zaprogowe intro
2. Van der Graaf Generator - Refugees (The Least We Can Do Is Wave To Each Other, 1970)
3. Van Der Graaf Generator - Killer (H to He Who, Am the Only One, 1970)
4. Van Der Graaf Generator - House With No Door (H to He Who, Am the Only One, 1970)
5. Van Der Graaf Generator - Pioneers Over C. (H to He Who, Am the Only One, 1970)
6. Wobbler- This Past Presence (Rites at Dawn, 2011)
7. Discipline - Circuitry (To Shatter All Accord, 2011)
8. Sylvan - The Words You Hide, Part 1 (Sceneries (disc 1), 2012)
9.Lebowski - Iceland (Cinematic, 2010)
10. Pendragon - Empathy (Passion, 2011)
11. Riverside - I Turned You Down (Reality Dream, 2008)
12. Airbag - White Walls (All Rights Removed, 2011)
13. Gazpacho - The Dumb (March of Ghosts, 2012)
14. Riverside - Forgotten Land (Memories In My Head, 2011)
15. Sean Filkins - Epitaph for A Mariner (War and Peace & Other Short Stories, 2011)
16. Zaprogowe outro
10 Dec 2011, 19:36 by AltlaenderFr., 9. Dez. – Sylvan CD Release + Party
http://youtu.be/ges5ySNTYEg Follow me
http://youtu.be/7Aj3_fmjbtg Farewell to old friends (pt2)
http://youtu.be/gq5tmFj0X4I Farewell to old friends (pt1)
http://youtu.be/10tR75r9zGI Posthumous Silence
http://youtu.be/JlbgPhBYUFw Share the world with me
Das KNUST war gut gefüllt und SYLVAN in überzeugender Spielfreude.
Und das neue Werk hat auch schon gleich live gut überzeugt.
Für mich ein gelungener Ausklang des Konzertjahres.
SylvanPosthumous SilenceSceneriesForce of Gravity
31 Aug 2011, 16:41 by YesIshikawa