2. Still (Hsi Chang Lin), former turntablist for abrasive political Hip-Hop troupé dälek pioneers the notion of “ambient turntablism” with his debut album “Remains”. Created using only technics 1200s and a host of delay pedals he demonstrates the new depths to which the turntable can be used as an instrument, which was only hinted at on Dälek’s LP “Abscence”.
3. STILL (™ 1998-2008 Wade Biery) is the power-pop/rock-pop creative focus of Alaskan-born Los Angeles-based singer-songwriter Wade Biery. Guitar-based pop similar to “XTC” or “Del Amitri” meshed with rock energy with a touch of country-pop added to the mix, STILL’s music is engaging from the first listen, and refreshing in it’s originality and depth.
Wade has had the good fortune to perform with many excellent performers in the music business ranging from Leanne Rimes and Carlene Carter to Dillon O’Brian, Joe Cocker, The Turtles, Latin-Rock superstar Miguel Mateos, Christopher Cross and many more…http://www.stillmusic.com/wordpress
4. Side project for 3 members of echolyn: Brett Kull (vocals & guitar), Paul Ramsey (drums & percussion) and Ray Weston (bass & vocals). They recorded their first album after echolyn split up in 1996, called Always Almost. The follow-up was released 1997 under the band name of Always Almost and was called God Pounds His Nails. Both albums were released on Pleasant Green Records. According to a an email from Brett Kull on the echolyn mailing list they planned to produce a trilogy, the third album to be released as “Still” by “God Pounds His Nails”.
In the spirit of all of us getting along, the other “STILL” notes have been left up here, we hope that continues for all the groups mentioned here.
5. Alternative rockband from Karlskrona, Sweden.
6. Obscure Japanese synthpop band formed in 1982. They released 12” EP, a flexi, and made an appearance on a compilation in 1987. Drummer Teiyu Nakamura, also involved with famous Japanese no wave band Jagatara and punk legends The Stalin, is credited on the first side of their Real Time 7” record, released some time in the 80’s.
Edited by theyesman on 9 Sep 2008, 10:15
Registered users can edit this page. Sign up now, it’s free and you will discover so much great music :)
Generated from facts marked up in the wiki.
No facts about this artist
You can also view a list of all recent wiki changes.
From other sources.