You are viewing an old version of this wiki. View the latest version.
There are at least 6 artists/bands called Stella:
1. Stella, a rock quintet from Joensuu, Finland, got their big break in 2005 in the aftermath of the second Finnish Idols competition, when finalist Katri Ylander's version of piste. grabbed people's attention.
The band first got signed to Sony in 2002 and released their first LP Kuuntelija in 2003. Singles off the first record got modest reviews and some airplay.
Due to the expectations and media visibility created by Piste in the Idols competition, Stella's second LP Pelkääjän paikalla debuted at number five in the official Finnish record chart.
2. Stella from Hamburg, Germany with members:
Elena Lange (guitar, vocals) - TGV
Thies Mynther (Electronics) - Phantom & Ghost, Superpunk
Mense Reents (drums, vocals, guitar) - Die Goldenen Zitronen, Egoexpress
Hendrik Weber (bass, electronics) - Pantha du Prince
They started in 1996 and released their first 12" on L'age d'or. The first album "Extralife" came out in 1998.The last album "Better days sounds great" was released in 2004.
3. Stella an Electro/Experimental/Ambient artist from Ipswich. See http://www.myspace.com/susanne52
4. Stella, a Psychedelic/Powerpop band from Tallinn, Estonia (become together 2005, autumn-winter).
Lotte Jürjendal – vocals, synt
Carmen Lindam – violin
Mammu (Maris Rätte) – drums
Kati (Katrin Rätte) – DJ-machinery
Tauno Pääslane – guitar
5. Stella is the name of the singer that represented Belgium at the Eurovision Song Contest in 1982 with the song "Si tu aimes ma musique".
6. Stella Zelcer
(born 12/1950, Paris)
Stella, born into a Polish Family, was 13 when she recorded her first EP. Between 1963 and 1969, she recorded 9 EPs, 2 singles and an LP (also issued in the US). Her songs were always funny and ironic. Her uncle Chorenslup used to write her lyrics, he was to her what Jacques Lanzman was to Dutronc (Jacques Dutronc, Françoise Hardy's husband, is one of the best sixties' French singers).
In the 70s, Stella married Christian Vander, drummer and spiritual leader of Magma, the most legendary French progressive band. She was actually part of the band too. She had another solo LP in '91 as Stella Vander.
7. This artist name also scrobbles viewings of the cancelled Comedy Central show, "Stella," an absurdist comedy staring Michael Showalter, Michael Ian Black, and David Wain.
Artist descriptions on Last.fm are editable by everyone. Feel free to contribute!
All user-contributed text on this page is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply.