1. A current band featuring former members from the bands Kerbdog and Wilt.
2. A disbanded Swedish noisy but poppy band from the 90’s.
3. A hard rock outfit from Bristol, UK.
4. A mellow rock band from Bangladesh.
5. A Christian band from Park Community Church of Chicago.
1. Souls is a hard rock/alternative band formed in 2011 with former members of 90’s legends Kerbdog, and the great alternative rock band from the early 2000s Wilt. Souls is preparing to release their debut EP titled “Wreck”, and their sound is very reminiscent of the early Kerbdog material. Great heavy riffing with a solid melodic sensibility. Look for them to release their debut EP in 2012.
Darragh Butler (Kerbdog/Wilt)
Billy Dalton (Kerbdog)
2. Souls was a Swedish noisy but poppy band from the 90’s. Composed of
Cecilia Nordlund on vocals and guitar
Andreas Grevsten Danielsson on guitar
Johan Freitholtz on bass
Bo-Peter Andersson on drums
Steve Albini came over to Sweden to record their 1994 debut album, Tjitchischtsiy (Sudêk). Steve used his usual technique with lots of mics placed to capture not only the instruments but also the reverberation of the room, especially on Bo-Peters drums. Cecilia sings her very personal songs, usually quietly in the verses and almost screaming in the choruses. Fredrik Norberg from Popsicle sings backup vocals on Ladybird. Many of their songs use unusual time signatures executed with precision by Bo-Peter, Johan and Andreas. In total they play a very poppy, but noisy rock with odd rythms and a lot of dynamic.
For their second album they tried recording with Steve Albini again, but they where not happy with the result and they ended up just using the first two songs on the album from that session. They replaced Bo-Peter with Lego and recorded they rest of the songs with Nille Perned in Sweden. The result was Fish, Bird or Inbetween which was released in 1996.
They were at their time one of the best live acts in Sweden, very fun to watch with Cecilias extreme energy on stage, and a very heavy sound. Eventually they broke up and went their seperate ways. Andreas and Johan had a small side project called Brudjävlar. Cecilia made the very polular song “Adios Amigos” with Marit Bergman. Eventually Cecilia and Johan started a new band called Monkeystrikes.
3. Souls are a hard rock outfit from Bristol, UK.
Souls came into existence in the summer of 2003, after the coming together of ex-members of west country based Spin and Submatrix, the band features:
Dean Bryant – Vocals/Guitar
Ben Noble – Guitar
Jamie Noble – Drums
J.H. – Bass
During the five years they have been together, they have toured with Alamos, Six By Seven and The Scare and have shared the stage with The Editors; they’ve played Itchycoo Festival (Headliners- Blue Aeroplanes); and had radio spot plays on Radio Xfm, BBC Radio Bristol, and other online radio stations.
Souls are managed by Lockjaw Records
4. Souls is a pop-music band from Bangladesh. It was established in Chittagong, and later moved to the capital city Dhaka. Former members include Tapan Chowdhury, Ayub Bachchu, Nakib khan, Naseem Ali and Partho jinia. It is one of the oldest pop bands in Bangladesh and has performed more than 4000 concerts all over Bangladesh and also abroad. As of 2005, The Souls has released 7 albums. The first album was released in 1982 and the last one was released in 2006.
Naseem Ali Khan - (Vocal) Joined in 1982.
Partha Barua - (Lead guitar & Vocal) Joined in 1989
Sk Ahasanur Rahman Ashiq - (Drums & Percussion) Joined 2000.
Jakir Hassan Rana - (Bass guitar) Joined in 2006.
Tushar Gomes - (Keyboard) Joined in 2009.
Tushar Ranjan Datta - (Percussion) Joined in 2009.
Edited by recitetheplan on 6 May 2012, 22:12
Registered users can edit this page. Sign up now, it’s free and you will discover so much great music :)
Generated from facts marked up in the wiki.
No facts about this artist
You can also view a list of all recent wiki changes.
From other sources.