1. **Silverfish, were a U.K. band active from 1988 to 1993. The line up was Lesley Rankine - vocals, Andrew ‘Fuzz’ Duprey - Guitars, Chris P. Mowforth - Bass, Stuart Watson - Drums.
While the rabidly aggressive voice of singer Lesley Rankine both anticipated and echoed the so-called Riot Grrl movement, the music owed more to hardcore punk of Dead Kennedys, the mechanised metal beats and rhythms of bands such as Ministry, and also the messed-up punk blues of the Birthday Party and the Jesus Lizard.
Signed by WIIIJA, they released several EPs (available on the 1990 compilation ‘Cockeye’) followed by the Steve Albini produced debut album, ‘Fat Axl’, in 1991.
During their time together, they gigged extensively around Europe and America, touring with bands such as Therapy?, Pigface, and even one substance fuelled UK tour with EMF.
Soon after the release of their 2nd album, ‘Organ Fan’, produced by Jim ‘Foetus’ Thirlwell, released on Creation Records, the group disbanded in 1993, after returning from their U.S. tour with Seven Year Bitch, and playing their last show at the Phoenix Festival in England.
Rankine later went on to form the more Hip-Hop influenced project, Ruby.
Bassist Chris P. went on to play with Headbutt, Copyright, and now plays bass with Giant Paw (www.myspace.com/giantpaw)
Guitarist Fuzz spent time as a sound enginneer and DJ, and now plays guitar in Karaoke For Beginners, which also features ex-Darkness drummer Ed Graham (www.myspace.com/karaokeforbeginners) http://www.last.fm/music/Karaoke+for+Beginners
2. a grunge band from Hilsdale, NJ
3. Silverfish is a Swedish band from Degerfors, with Markus Sukuvaara as the lead singer. Read more at www.silverfish.se
4. Silverfish was also the name of a local high school band from the early 2000s residing in Charlotte, NC, USA. With one self titled full length and many EPs, this band decided to call it quits, shortly after getting signed.
5. A rock band from Turnhout, Belgium http://vi.be/silverfish
Edited by wcoker on 1 Apr 2011, 18:25
Sources (view history)
My own booze-addled memory of London in the early 90s, and All Music Guide.
Karl Battista (from silverfish) is sitting next to me
My fellows in Swedish Silverfish.
**Updated by Fuzz 18 June 2010
Registered users can edit this page. Sign up now, it’s free and you will discover so much great music :)
Generated from facts marked up in the wiki.
No facts about this artist
You can also view a list of all recent wiki changes.
From other sources.