There is more than one artist with this name. Click here to see all.
1) Serene is a swedish screamo band. They released a fullength on Genet Records and a split with Separation.
2) Serene was an emo band formed at Grove City College in Grove City, PA. They put out one full length album called Beggars of the Sea that was released on Lewis Hollow Records.
3) Serene was a German jazz quartet featuring Johannes Barthelmes on saxes, Michael Henning on piano, Fred Stern on bass and Michael Landmesser on drums. They produced an album of original music on the Konnex Label in 1988 - titled <Dost>
4) Serene \ TheTelAvivSerene is an israeli band foremed by Yuval Simcha (born in Jerusalem) an architect and a modernist so in 1999 he started making music out of his hebrew poetry and a bad classical guitar. based in Tel Aviv the band was formed with the guitarist Erez Prague and named after the Stone Roses's song "Made of Stone". making a debut single called "from all the thoughts" (being a new wave song among israeli pop) the band had split and rise again due to the believe of the bass player Elad Charninsky and the Boston drummer Matt Graber. The trio played across the country and in the beginning of 2006 found the missing link in the shape of guitarist Asaf Koren who completed the new sound that the band always looked for. After a few gigs they recorded the album "A Message for the Wonderful Man" which released in 2009 and in 2011 their second album "In Low Volumes of Creativity" should be released and a first video for "Personnal linguistics" has launched: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFevrDubeKg
Serene (UK) are an English indie-rock band from London.
The band’s ambition to write music with attitude and soul has been influenced by the songwriting of Patti Smith and John Lennon, the experimentalism of David Bowie and Radiohead and the attitude and ambition of The Clash, early U2, Marc Bolan or The Doors.
The spirit and social conscience of punk and post-punk experimentalism are much part of their musical DNA as are the pop sensibilities of 60′s Mod, 70′s New Wave and the wide-eyed romanticism of Glam-Rock.
Serene released their debut single Arnold Layne, a cover of the Pink Floyd/Syd Barrett classic in 2011 and Shooting Star in 2012.
For more info on Serene (UK) visit http://www.sereneworld.com and http://www.facebook.com/serene.uk.
5) 19-year-old South Londoner rapper, Serene is back on the UK Gospel scene for the release of his debut mix tape entitled “Different Strokes”. The long awaited mix tape launched on 1st November for free download. Covering a range of issues from fatherhood, relationships to the ‘just feel good’ tracks. With a current sound Serene takes the listener on a journey with an urban blend of electro, hip-hop and soul. Serene arrived on the UK music scene 10 years and hopes to exceed expectations with this current release. His first taste of the UK Gospel scene was being part of former Christian rap and dance Group A.F.G Nexus. A.F.G Nexus later broke up in 2005, and it was here Serene broke into the scene as a solo artist. He later featured on “Bibles Bibles” and has worked with the likes of 2010 MOBO award winner Guvna B’s album as both rapper and producer, Jahaziel and New Direction Crew. He has a real heart for the truth and wants to make it plain in his music. He says “ I don’t really care how much downloads I get or how many albums I sell or how many shows I do or whatever, I just want to see Christ and his death and resurrection Glorified and Magnified above all things! And I want to communicate the truth through my music and my daily lifestyle” His single “The Reason (Hold me down) ft GP debuted on the 7th of October and sparked of a lot of interest from fans all over the world. The song was a reflection of real life past situations that he has faced. Serene is an artist under New D Ent/D-vine Muzic. He remains excited and thrilled about this release.
Artist descriptions on Last.fm are editable by everyone. Feel free to contribute!
All user-contributed text on this page is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply.