You are viewing an old version of this wiki. View the latest version.
Scar Symmetry is an epic progressive melodic death metal from motherfucking outer space band from Avesta, Sweden formed in 2004. In addition to the typical melodic death metal aesthetics (numerous melodies and harmonies in the guitars, growling vocals, etc.), they incorporate synthesised sounds into their music. Their lyrics are themed towards astronomy, philosophy, mysticism and inner struggles.
The band's third album "Holographic Universe" was released on June 20, 2008. Following the release, Scar Symmetry did not embark on tours and released a statement 11 September 2008, announcing that they had parted ways vocalist Christian Älvestam, due to touring conflicts and creative differences. On 6 October, they announced the replacements for Christian Älvestam: they will continue with two singers, Roberth Karlsson (growls) and Lars Palmqvist (clean vocals).
Members and other projects:
* Roberth Karlsson - Lead Vocals (growls) (Facebreaker, Aktiv Dödshjälp and TORMENTED)
* Lars Palmqvist - Lead Vocals (clean vocals) (Last Temptation)
* Henrik Ohlsson - Drums (Altered Aeon, Mutant (Swe), Theory in Practice, ex-Diabolical (Swe), ex-Thrawn)
* Jonas Kjellgren - Guitars (Pexilated, Centinex, World Below, ex-Carnal Forge, ex-Dellamorte, ex-Sickenside, guest for Incapacity)
* Per Nilsson - Guitars, backing vocals (Kaipa, Altered Aeon, ex-World Below, ex-Thrawn)
* Kenneth Seil - Bass (Soul Royale)
Artist descriptions on Last.fm are editable by everyone. Feel free to contribute!
All user-contributed text on this page is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply.