- I learned to play guitar at the age of twelve after my Dad bought me a nylon-string, mini-acoustic and a song book of Nirvana's live album "From the Muddy Banks of the Wishkah". I still own the book but sadly, the guitar was smashed to pieces while I was watching a 'Rage Against the Machine' live VHS.
- Once when I was fifteen I was taking the two hour train journey from my Dad's house in Surrey to school in London. I spent the whole trip crying because I had been listening to Bowie's "Hunky Dory" and there didn't seem to be any other way to express my astonishment at his incredible genius.
- I have always been fascinated by drums and percussion in general. When I was about two, my parents bought me a miniature drum-kit which I loved to play with more than any other toy. Drums are still my favorite instrument to play.
- I enjoy making abstract electronic music and hip-hop beats in my spare time and have been know to write occasional rap song for fun. I also love to remix other people's music, especially when it's my friends' music.
- I broke up my last band and moved out of the UK mainly because I felt I needed to get away from the vacuous hole that is the 'London indie-scene'. I was bored to death with music, the attitude and the whole life-style in general.
- The first friends I made when I arrived in LA were two buskers named Josh and Justin aka "The Petrovic Blasting Company". They play mostly traditional Balken gypsy folk-music using Accordions, Horns and various forms of percussion. They have been a big influence on me and have both appeared on my record.
- I came to LA with the intention of trying my hand at production. After producing twelve or so songs for my brother's band, I decided that I missed writing and performing and so begun writing my first solo-attempt.
- I started playing piano about a year ago because I felt that it would open up another window in my song writing style. I immediately fell in love and since then, almost everything I write has started off on piano.
- Most of my songs stem from very personal places. Lyrically they tend to touch upon irony, insecurity, alienation, boredom, modern-life, religion, curiosity, love-lost and social anthropology.
Artist descriptions on Last.fm are editable by everyone. Feel free to contribute!
All user-contributed text on this page is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply.