There are several bands sharing this name
1. Metal band from Los Angeles, USA
2. Blues, rock, southern rock band from Texas, USA
3. Blues duo from Australia
4. Japanese/Norwegian Metalcore/Screamo/Electro-band
5. Rock band from Zambia
1. Salty Dog was a sleaze metal band that infused a Led Zeppelin style vocal delivery to their bluesy brand of rock'n'roll. Their one and only album was filled with guilty pleasures that should have made them stars, but sadly didn't.
Formed in Los Angeles by Jimmi Bleacher (vocals), Scott Lane (guitar), Michael Hannon (bass) and Khurt Maier (drums). Lane left the band in 1987 and was replaced by Pete Reveen. They recorded their only album in Europe, but would never get the chance to tour there. The band toured relentlessly, and videos for "Come Along" and "Lonesome Fool" got limited airplay, but album sales remained sluggish. In 1991 the band sacked Bleacher and promised a return, but it never happened.
Hannon went on to join rockers Bogus Toms and Dangerous Toys, but would eventually form a band similar in style to Salty Dog called American Dog. Maier resurfaced in Mudpie while Reveen is in a group called Tweed.
2. A new lineup for the Classic Rock band now takes over with some new Dogs, Roger Pavlica "The Dean Of Rock & Roll" on Guitars -vocals, Mike Holmes on Bass-Vocals and Dirk Gabrielson on Drums. The new lineup brings world class talent into the mix with very diverse styles of music from jazz to funk to hard rock.
3. Blues duo from Australia:
Steve Plater - Cigar box guitar-biscuit-tin guitar-Jack Daniels Whiskey tin guitar-Electric Guitar-Drums & Backing Vocals - Steve Plater: A dynamic wicked guitar player, both electric and acoustic,has gained the recognition as one of Australia's finest multi-instrumentalists. Steve is a one man band performing on Drums, snare and hi-hat with his awesome sounding handcrafted Biscuit-Tin/Jack Daniels tin guitar and Cigar box guitars made by Steve himself, clearly giving the raw rootsey edge to Salty Dog's unique sound.
Marion Turner - Vocals - Harmonica - Electric Bass - Double Bass - Biscuit-tin Bass Marion Turner: Australia's leading female vocal blues harmonica player completes the other half of salty dog and is the 3-times winner Vic/Tas Blues awards Female Artist of the Year. Marion has well earned her place in the Blues industry over the years and addition to her singing, Marion is a helluva harmonica player!!
Home grown from Ballarat Victoria Australia's Premier Two Piece High energy outfit with their material, stripped back, reworked bringing the old to a more modern sound, perform a mixture of Swamp Rock and Mississippi Hill country Blues, paying deep respect to the first generation pioneers of the music which is capturing new audiences world wide.
These multi-award winning artists are well traveled troubadours with over a decade of performing the circuits and festivals, several recordings behind them, scooping up five awards since 1999-2004, including СBand of the Year' 2002 at the National Australian Goulburn Blues СChain' Awards and the most recent Victorian Blues Awards 2004.
Artist descriptions on Last.fm are editable by everyone. Feel free to contribute!
All user-contributed text on this page is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply.