Along with the primary school, she finished the elementary music school for piano (six years). Secondary education, at the gymnasium for math and natural sciences “Sami Frasheri” in Pristina shifted her interest for music to another level. As a high school graduate, she became known for the audience with her appearance at the talent’s show “Ethet & Krasta Show” which was held in Tirana during 2004. She entered Top 10 and ended 5th. She completed undergraduate studies for Business Administration and Management at the American University in Kosovo. Music remains her passion.
- “Flakaresha” with Teuta Kurti & Vesa Luma - First Junior Price @ Festivali i Kenges RTSH - Tirana, Albania, 2004
- “Shenja” - TV Klan Award @ Kenga Magjike - Tirana, Albania, 2006
- “Veriu” - Winner (1st Place) + Best Interpretation + Critics/Journalist Award @ Polifest - Prishtina, Kosovo, 2007
- “Zonja Vdekje” - Best Vocal @ Kenga Magjike - Tirana, Albania, 2009
- “Suus” - Winner (1st Place) & Best Interpretation @ Festivali i Kenges RTSH - Tirana, Albania, 2011
- “Te lash”, “A ka arsy’ ” feat. BimBimma,”Eja”, “Shko pastro pas saj”, “Rruga qe shkela dikur” - Jusuf Gervalla’s remake, guest @ “Pump up the jam” remake with DJ Blunt & Real 1.
On April 9, 2011 Rona had a solo concert with a jazz pianist Gent Rushi, within DAM Festival in Prishtina. Jazz duo, vocal and piano, brought in front of hundreds the jazz versions of old Albanian songs of different regions including North and Central Albania melos, Kosovo melos, Arbresh melos in Kalabria, Cam melos of Albanian in North Greece etc.
For the Albanian audience in Albania, Kosovo, Macedonia, Montenegro she is known as a pop singer/musician. The audience in Prishtina and Tirana know her also as an experimental jazz singer. Her interpretation is characterized with nuances of soul music influences as well. Her vocal range and interpretative power are her strongest points.
Rona Nishliu is depicted for her humanitarian spirit, taking part in numerous humanitarian concerts for the people in the need! While being a student she organized few Humanitarian Concerts including the one entitled to help displaced Kosovo Albanian families of North Mitrovica living in poverty.
She took place as a guest lecturer in UNDP Kosovo’s activity on Awareness Raising on the Importance of Volunteerism for the Youngsters, Vushtri, Kosovo, 2009.
Rona is activist of the National Association of Autism in Kosovo. She is also a Chairperson of the Institute for Sustainability and Development of Youth in Kosovo.
Edited by mikamikaaaa on 28 May 2012, 05:02
Sources (view history)
This was taken from her info on her facebook page http://www.facebook.com/ronanishliu/info
Registered users can edit this page. Sign up now, it’s free and you will discover so much great music :)
Generated from facts marked up in the wiki.
- Formed in
- Founded in
You can also view a list of all recent wiki changes.