24 Oct 2009, 17:26 by floor_
24 Jan 2009, 12:12 by kosticrMichael Jackson was the first great artist I ever heard and was my first major influence.
The Beginning: (1996-2000)
This was the first time I really started to enjoy music and when I heard Everybody (Backstreets back) by the Backstreet Boys on an Aussie music show Video Hits, about the same time as Freestyler and One Step Closer were popular, I was immediately addicted to pop music.
Their album Backstreet's Back definitely became one my favourites at that time along with, Aussie group, Human Nature's album Telling Everybody and they both continue to impress me even today.
Ricky Martin's The Cup of Life was a track I listened to every weekend before I played Soccer during this time.
I also listened to the Batman Forever soundtrack album a fair bit during this time with tracks Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me & Kiss from a Rose becoming favourites of mine and suggesting that I would enjoy a wide range of music in the future.
22 Nov 2008, 10:35 by cupnoodleOkay so I'm currently really interested in these 5 songs for the following reasons:
1) HybridIf I Survive - I really like the intensity of this song. You can hear it in the singer's voice as well as the progression of the strings behind all the beats.
2) Linkin Park- Session - It's a beautifully done turn-table track. I love that industrial-cold-alley sort of feel I personally get. And that typical Linkin Park DJ beat style is pretty fly with me.
3) Planet FunkChase the Sun - The sort of disco guitar that's played so eloquently sweet in this song is addicting. And that raspy woman's voice is pretty seductive; especially when it's sung next to that guitar. I heart guitar.
4) Rob DouganClubbed to Death - I love it when strong beats and bass are placed next to strings. That wicked entrance of the bass after that simple string set-up is fcuking brilliant. I especially love that siren effect in the song. (All the more reason why I love Gorillaz-El Manana as well.) The Matrix chose a wise song.
21 Oct 2008, 04:39 by LadalandiaEn espanglish, lo sé, pero no me apetece andar traduciendo ni andar escribiendo en inglés...sorry, xD.
It's spanglish, I know, but I'm tired and I don't wanna translate or write in English...lo siento, lol.
1. How did you get into 29? Skizoo
Los empecé a escuchar porque iban a actuar en León y si me gustaban iría a verlos con unos amigos. Me gustaron y fui a verlos.
2. What was the first song you ever heard by 22? Rob Dougan
Clubbed to Death, de la BSO de Matrix.
3. What's your favorite lyric by 33? Rob Zombie
Do it Baby, Do it Baby
Burn like an animal
4. How did you get into 49? Monster Magnet
Por la BSO de Matrix. ¿Está hecho a posta? Las tres últimas preguntas han sido del mismo álbum...
5. How many albums by 13 do you own? Marilyn Manson
6. What is your favorite song by 50? Fear Before The March Of Flames
Taking Cassandra to the End of the World Party
7. Is there a song by 39 that makes you sad? Disturbed
De momento nop.
8. What is your favorite song by 15? Gorillaz
3 Oct 2008, 20:57 by TheNapTakerHere my list of songs that defined the pop decade of the 1990's (maybe some songs from the late 80's, early 2000's are in there too if they fit the sound):
2 Unlimited - Twilight Zone
4 Non Blondes - What's Up
A-Ha - Shapes That Go Together
ACDC - Thunderstruck
Adam Clayton - Theme From Mission: Impossible
Adamski - Killer
Aimee Man - Save Me
Alanis Morissette - Ironic
Andreas Dorau - Stoned Faces Don't Lie
Andru Donalds - Mishale
Aphex Twin - On
Army Of Lovers - Obsession
Arrested Development - Fishin' 4 Religion
Arrested Development - Tennessee
B-52s - Love Shack
BAP - Widderlich
Backstreet Boys - I Want It That Way
Backstreet Boys - Quit Playing Games (With My Heart)
Badly Drawn Boy - Disillusion
Baz Luhrmann - Wear Sunscreen
Beastie Boys - Sabotage
Beastie Boys - Sure Shot
Beck - Loser
Beck - Where It's At
Bee Gees - Alone
Belinda Carlisle - Summer Rain
Bell Book & Candle - Rescue Me
Bill Withers - Ain't No Sunshine
Björk - Venus as a Boy
Bruce Springsteen - Streets of Philadelphia
2 Jun 2008, 08:51 by little_buddha39OK, this is my attempt at making a greatest songs list. Obviously, these are limited to songs that I own. There are two sections, the "50 greatest" and my "50 favourite" songs. There are some shocking omissions, but among them are NOT: Radiohead, Led Zeppelin, Bob Marley and The Who, ALL OF WHOM I HAVE PURPOSEFULLY EXCLUDED FOR BEING OVER-RATED.
Now that I have alienated most of my readers, let's begin.
MY FAVOURITE SONGS
1. In the Aeroplane Over the Sea - Neutral Milk Hotel
2. The Happening - Pixies
3. Pennyroyal Tea - Nirvana
4. Beginning To See The Light (live version) - The Velvet Underground
5. Across the Universe - The Beatles
6. Somewhere Over the Rainbow/What a Wonderful World - Israel Kamakawiwo'ole
7. Hallelujah - Leonard Cohen
8. 'Cross the Breeze - Sonic Youth
9. Shadowplay - Joy Division
10. Sad-Eyed Lady of the Lowlands - Bob Dylan
11. Where You'll Find Me Now - Neutral Milk Hotel
12. Baby Baby - The Vibrators
13. Girl/Boy Song - Aphex Twin
3 Feb 2008, 13:52 by TyphonFINPost your top ten bands/artists on Last.fm, then the first song you heard of theirs, the song that made you fall in love, and your current favourite. (Stolen from Annie_Fin)
First song heard: Starlight
The song I fell in love with: Exo-Politics
Current favourite: Starlight
9 Bloc Party
First song heard: Hunting for Witches
The song I fell in love with: Hunting for Witches
Current favourite: Song for Clay (Disappear Here)
8 Rage Against the Machine
First song heard: Guerrilla Radio
The song I fell in love with: Sleep Now in the Fire
Current favourite: Killing in the Name
7 Maroon 5
First song heard: This Love
The song I fell in love with: Harder to Breathe
Current favourite: If I Never See Your Face Again
6 Rob Dougan
First song heard: Clubbed to Death
The song I fell in love with: Furious Angels
Current favourite: I'm Not Driving Anymore
5 Less Than Jake
First song heard: All My Best Friends Are Metalheads
3 Jan 2008, 18:25 by asztrr_Clubbed to Death
5 Sep 2007, 08:48 by Aldrilevd01. Samuel Barber - Adagio for Strings, Op. 11
02. Wolfsheim - Kein Zurück
03. Tears for Fears - Mad World
04. Nine Inch Nails - Something I Can Never Have
05. Rob Dougan - Clubbed to Death
06. Radiohead - Karma Police
07. Talk Talk - It's My Life
08. Armin van Buuren - Yet Another Day (feat. Ray Wilson)
09. Markus Schulz - You Won't See Me Cry
10. Soundgarden - Black Hole Sun
19 Jul 2007, 23:43 by AlainSchJust chilling...
I just tried my birthday present - the 13 years old Whisky. Great stuff. Smells brilliant and tastes just like... well... not heaven but certainly the next best thing.
Beside the Whisky I am listening to Overlook and now Rob Dougan. Great "smoky" voice. I can't stop listening to him. The whole album Furious Angels completely consists of magnificient songs! Except for the pause, which is... well only a pause...
If you only know Clubbed to Death you are missing big time!