Riverside is the name of at least five different bands:
1. A progressive rock band from Warsaw, Poland, founded in 2001 by Mariusz Duda (bass guitar, vocal), Piotr Grudziński (electric guitar) and Piotr Kozieradzki (drums), who shared a love for progressive rock and heavy metal. Up to 2003 Jacek Mielnicki was playing keyboard in the band, but some conflicts led him to leave the band, and in the same year the new keyboardist Michał Łapaj joined. Following their 2003 debut Out of Myself, the band were signed by major prog label InsideOut, releasing Second Life Syndrome in 2005. Riverside's music has been described as a mix between, Pink Floyd, Anathema, Opeth, and Dream Theater, containing long, ethereal keyboard-laden passages and heavy, crunchy metal riffs. Rapid Eye Movement was leaked on the internet in August 2007, and was released in the end of September in Europe, October 09 in the US. In the summer of 2007 Riverside supported Dream Theater in the European leg of their tour.
In 2009 they released their album Anno Domini High Definition. Mariusz Duda had the following to say about the album on January 27, 2009: "We have gone from Warsaw, we have changed the studio and the producer. We care deeply about creating a coherent record and that is why most probably there are only going to be five songs on it. The material will be energetic, multifarious, and - I hope so - very good for live performances. It will be a story about liquid modernity, life in a constant hurry, stress and anxiety about the future. A picture of our times in 1920 x 1080 definition."
In 2011 they released a mini album (only available at the 10th anniversary tour gigs), entitled Memories in My Head, and contains 3 new songs.
In January 2013, Riverside released their fifth full-length album, Shrine of New Generation Slaves.
2. A 90s alternative rock band from Pennsylvania that played jangly music along the lines of the Railway Children and the Ocean Blue, yet incorporated a dream pop sound similar to For Against. Their first album, One, was released on Sire Records in 1992, and their second album, Taste, was self-released around 1994. The Official Site of this band is http://www.riversidetaste.com.
3. A country rock band formerly known as Riverside Avenue from Missouri, USA. They were active between 1980 and 1990. They re-formed in 2001 and released the album Simple Life. Part of the proceeds from this release are being donated to the Relay for Life and MS Foundation.
4. An Indie Pop Punk band from New York
5. An Japanese independent music group (doujin circle or doujin ongaku). Their first album Eiya no Kotowari (永夜の理) was released at Comiket 74 in 2008.