1) American rapper from Texas
2) UK progressive rock band
3) US rock band
4) Island recording artists
5) Finnish hard rock/heavy metal band
6) UK 77-punk (with Billy Bragg]
1) Riff Raff is a rapper who got his start on MTV’s From G’s To Gents, ranked #1 sleep walking booty grabber in Sweden, Grammy Award Winning Gynecologist, House Party Expert, has a $3 million deal with @Diplo. Shout out to Marc Jacobs. Riff Raff is currently signed with @Diplo’s Mad Decent. Riff Raff is also known as Jody High Roller.
2) Riff Raff was a UK progressive rock band formed by keyboardist Tommy Eyre in 1972.The band was a continuation on the back of drummers (and Harrow School of Art friends) Rod Coombes (Juicy Lucy Strawbs and Stealers Wheel) and Joe Czarnecki’s (Plainsmen) aka Joe Peter’s project originally called ‘Crikey’ started in 1969 and completed in 1970 when Rod had to accept growing tour commitments with Juicy Lucy.These sessions comprise half of the Riff Raff album ‘Outside Looking In’ in which Rod wrote half the songs.Rod says that “the concept of the band was based around two drummers and afro-jazz (Rod and Joe were great fans of Ginger Baker and Miles Davis) and fusion(this album was one of the first true fusion albums to be recorded).I had worked with Roger with singer Paul Williams (Juicy Lucy)and Tommy previously and clearly we all enjoyed doing what we do best-playing freely”.
Riff Raff later went on to release two albums to lukewarm response; however, their use of jazz and hard-edged rock garnered them a large underground following. Riff Raff also released the single “Copper Kettle”. Although not typical of Riff Raff’s repertoire, the band were unlucky not to get some chart coverage from the single.
3) a US rock band (Doug Lubahn: vocals, bass. Ned Liben: guitar. Werner Fritzsching: guitar. Mark Kaufman: drums) who released an album entitled Vinyl Futures (Atco SD-32-108) in 1981 (notable for having a Hipgnosis sleeve design).
4) Island recording artists “Riff Raff” 1978, Chris DeMarco, Ray Hennighan, Jimmy Lowell, Ned Liben, David Lanik.
5) Finnish metal band featuring Kaija Koo in backing vocals.
6) UK Punk, Formed 1977, Peterborough, Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
Disbanded 1980 //
Members Billy Bragg (vocals, guitar), Philipp Wigg (guitar), Robert Handley (drums), Steven Rice (keyboards), Ryan O’Lochlainn (bass).
Made five 7’ appers at ‘1-2-3-4 Punk and New Wave 1976-1979’.
Edited by xGunmetalAngel on 14 Feb 2015, 05:17
Registered users can edit this page. Sign up now, it’s free and you will discover so much great music :)
Generated from facts marked up in the wiki.
No facts about this artist
You can also view a list of all recent wiki changes.
From other sources.