1) Redbird is an indie band from Vancouver, BC, Canada. Lead by singer/songwriter Savannah Leigh Wellman, they released their debut EP "We're all friends and lovers until it falls apart" in June of 2011. Their take-away video for "Oh Please My Heart" for the Giants of the Forest series was featured on booooooom.com, which helped expose their music internationally. The band regularly tours Western Canada, and will be performing at Canadian Music Week in Toronto, Ontario in 2012. http://www.redbirdmusic.ca
2) Redbird is a darkwave / ambient project by Elend members Renaud Tschirner and vocalist Laura Angelmayer, founded in 1999. They released demo songs on their myspace account. Since the beginning of 2009, the work "with the first Redbird album is in full swing", stated Tschirner.
3) Redbird is a band in Bloomington, Indiana, USA. Theye are three male types. They don't look too good but we try real hard. Coursing through the songs is the voice of frontman micheal bushman, who shivers and wails like the midwestern equivalent of will sheff, evoking the okkervil river frontman’s vocal delivery, as well as his keen sense of imagery. on their eponymous track, the band speed up the tempo and put a crescendo in the middle, letting their head down and creating a song that should very well put them in the company of indie-pop/rock faves like nada surf. but then again, on a song like “fort fun,” the band– rounded out by andrew shaw and alexander kroh - test the dynamics of quiet-loud-quiet song structure with their heaviest song, which moves at a glacial pace, proving that its the slow ones that feel the heaviest. Visit them on their Myspace account.
4) Redbird is the title of a recording by Jeffrey Foucault, Kris Delmhorst and Peter Mulvey. All three are artists on the Signature Sounds label and regularly toured together. Foucault and Delmhorst are married. The trio worked out many of the songs on the road allowing them to record the album in a scant three days.
5) Redbird is the name of a very mysterious artist who is migratory and flees the cold all over the world.
Artist descriptions on Last.fm are editable by everyone. Feel free to contribute!
All user-contributed text on this page is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply.