1) Rapture is a band formed in 1997 by a group of musicians from Helsinki, Finland. The members of Rapture have played in several bands, including Barathrum, Diablerie, Ensiferum, Finntroll, Fragile Hollow, The Mist and the Morning Dew, Rain Paint, Shape of Despair and Thy Serpent. They play a vein of depressive doom metal with a lot of light guitar work, keyboards, with heavy riffs combined with clean and growling vocals.
In 1999, Rapture signed a contract from Spikefarm Records, a subsidiary of Spinefarm Records. The band released their debut album, Futile, in early 2000. The album was also licensed to Relapse Records for distribution in the USA. In early 2002, the band recorded their second effort, titled Songs for the Withering. This album sold better than their debut and gave Rapture recognition in Europe and the USA, eventually leading them to sign a contract with Century Media. Rapture released their third album, Silent Stage, in 2005. This album continued in the vein of the previous two, with a morose, depressive atmosphere and a combination of both clean singing and death grunts.
Petri Eskelinen - vocals
Tomi Ullgrén - guitar
Aleksi Ahokas - guitar
Iain Huntley - bass
2) Rapture was a belgian hardcore/metalcore band from B-HOOD (beveren) 1998 - 2002 they were famopus for the heavy moshing on their shows, their nickname was the”Metal-Mosh-Machine”
3) The name Rapture is also used by a fairly unknown Black/Melodic Death Metal from Western Australia formed in 2004
4) Rapture (Ｒａｐｔｕｒｅ) was japanese visual kei band signed to KEY PARTY label.
6) Rapture is a trance/electronic band.
7) Rapture is a death metal band from Mexico. Members of Rapture had a problem and the project has split in two groups, Rapture and Rapture Armed Rebellion.
8) Rapture is G-Funk rap group from Bay Area,Cali.
9) Born and raised in Stockton California, Rapture has become one of the most underrated artist in northern Cali. He started with a group called “Camp Crisis” where he produced the smash hit “Highty High” among other hits which include “Mouthy Boy” and “My Gift 2 Bust”. Rapture started his own production company called A-RU (All Rapt Up) Muzik which he has produced for numerous artist across the U.S. and the Bay area. Rapture moved to Portland Oregon with his business partner C.Malone where they started Green Thumb Count Money ENT. GTCM has expanded their horizon to do bigger things such as Green Thumb Radio (www.blogtalkradio.com/green-thumb-radio) where Rapture is the host and the DJ for the show and become sponsored by Boost Mobile for their
10) Rapture is a jamican reggae/dancehall artist, also known as DJ Rapture. He was discovered after a couple of tourists videoed him as he jammed in his cab.
Edited by MuffinsFTW on 12 Nov 2011, 23:30
Sources (view history)
Registered users can edit this page. Sign up now, it’s free and you will discover so much great music :)
Generated from facts marked up in the wiki.
No facts about this artist
You can also view a list of all recent wiki changes.
From other sources.