There are at least four bands named Purge:
1) Purge., a grindcore/noise band from Pittsburgh
2) The Purge, a death metal band formed in late 2010 by ex-members of Viatrophy, Traces and Nochaa.
3) A UK band formed in 1992 by Mark Elliott (drums) and Dave Standbridge (guitar). With James Francis on bass and Robbie Haywood on vocals, they recorded a four song demo in 1994 at Sable Rose recording studios in Coventry, with Andy Faulkner at the controls. The tracks were "Hatred of Mankind", "Ode to Death", "False Forgiveness", and "Society Labotomy". After a line up change in late 1994 (replacing the bassist with Martin MacGregor and adding a new guitarist, Paul Marriotti), Purge entered the Sable Rose studio again in 1996 to lay down "Psycho Effect", "Into Insanity", and "Morbid Thoughts".
The band broke up when they had more songs on the way and a UK tour in the pipeline. The remaining members had drifted apart over the years. After 10 years, two former members have gotten back in touch with each other. They generated some interest on myspace and tried to reform the band but after a lot of auditions trying to find the right people they have decided to give up and move onto new projects.
4) A South Florida, US based industrial rock group, who released their only album You Know You Want To in 1996 on Moonlight Entertainment.
5) A heavy rock band from Kitchener, Ontario, Canada. Members include Brock Holborn (lead guitar), Nathan Litt (bass), Brad Freer (rhythm guitar), Luke Bruxer (drums), and Chris Wilks (vocals). The core of the band, Brock Holborn and Nathan Litt, have been playing together since high school and have seen many other members come and go.
Artist descriptions on Last.fm are editable by everyone. Feel free to contribute!
All user-contributed text on this page is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply.