Experimentation is a main philosophy of Psy’Aviah, which is portrayed by both incorporating different genres into their own sound and the different collaborations they have done over the years: from poetry with Suzi Q. Smith and Jean-Luc De Meyer (Front 242), to EBM power-pop with Jennifer Parkin (Ayria), even to Enya-esque reminders with Kristell Lowagie. Due to this experimentation in both music and lyrics, the band fits well on different stages, catering both gothic and electronic festival, as well as the more experimental shows.
Upon Formation, they focused on experimenting and playing live shows, the band really took form in 2007 when releasing their first album “Creationism”. After that release Psy’Aviah was signed Alfa Matrix and with them released the albums “Entertainment Industries” (2008), “Eclectric” / “Eclectricism” (2010) and an EP feat’ Ayria “Into the Game” (2011).
* Played with acts such as Subsonica, IC 434, Emilie Autumn, Implant and 32Crash.
* Played various festivals including SONFest, Delta Festival Hague, Gothic Festival and BIMFest.
* Collaborated with Jean-Luc De Meyer (Front 242), Jennifer Parkin (Ayria) and IC 434 (Geert de Wilde).
* Banned by YouTube for supposedly explicit content in their videoclip for “Moments feat. Suzi Q. Smith)”.
* Asked to participate in the Microsoft Windows 7 marketing with the song “Tired”.
* Played live inside an internet-banner for a DEXIA campaign with the song “Tired”.
* Music (“Fear”) used for footage of the “Dirty Dancing” fashion show with clothing of Nicky Vankets, Othello and hair products of Paul Mitchell.
* Scored a top 20 entry in the “BBC Next Big Thing” contest. Among the judges were Tori Amos, Nina de Man and Nitin Sawhney.
* Won the weekly Studio Brussel’s demopoll in 2003 with the unreleased song “The Future of The Sun”.
Sites: MusicBrainz, Wikipedia, Facebook, MySpace and http://PsyAviah.com
Edited by Zenethica on 2 Feb 2012, 23:02
Registered users can edit this page. Sign up now, it’s free and you will discover so much great music :)
Generated from facts marked up in the wiki.
You can also view a list of all recent wiki changes.
From other sources.