There are at least four bands with the name Procession:
1) A Chilean doom metal band.
2) A dreampop/shoegaze band originally from Grand Rapids, MI.
3) A disbanded Italian progressive rock band.
4) A disbanded Australian jazz-rock band.
1) Formed in 2006 by Felipe Plaza and Daniel Perez in Chile's cultural heart, the coastal city of Valparaiso, they follow the path of tradition, laid out by the masters BLACK SABBATH, CANDLEMASS and SAINT VITUS without mercy, without compromise.
Their songs are fully based in the ancient tradition of heavy metal, where just drums, bass, guitar and vocals are necessary to give such an impact full of melodies, demolishing riffs and epic lyrics of kingdoms destroyed, frustration, anguish, anger and despair.
Their 2008 demo-tape "Burn" (Kuravilu Recs, 200 copies – May 2008)was a first near-fatal blow, which showed already, what the band is capable of. The three anthems featured on the tape are manifests of true doom, in the vein of REVEREND BIZARRE and COUNT RAVEN - played with dedication and excellent musicianship. Ultra-heavy guitars, pounding drums and relentless riffing meet the passionate and powerful vocals of Felipe Plaza, reminding of a young Ozzy, Messiah Marcolin, Robert Lowe as well as Albert Witchfinder.
Release date: December 2010
HIGH ROLLER Records (Germany)
DOOMENTIA Records ( Czech Republic)
2) Procession is a female fronted dreampop/shoegaze band originally from Grand Rapids, Michigan. They formed in December of 2009, and released a four song demo in March of 2010. Their Fade Ep was released in late winter 2011. In summer, 2011, Michael Assatly of Beartrap began playing drums full time. Due to school transfers and the addition of Assatly, members are now located in Grand Rapids and Ann Arbor, MI, New York, NY, and Boston, MA. The distance has not detoured the band from writing. They are currently working on a full length, and planning a midwestern/southern tour in late December 2011/early January 2012.
3) Procession was a italian progressive rock band formed in Turin in 1972.
4) Procession was a jazz-tinged rock band formed in Melbourne in October 1967.
Artist descriptions on Last.fm are editable by everyone. Feel free to contribute!
All user-contributed text on this page is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply.