Numerous bands share the name "Plains":
1. Miami, FL-based brainchild of Mike McGinnis.
2. Melbourne band equally influenced by hardcore, jazz, post-rock and other random shit.
More info: http://www.facebook.com/plainsmelb / http://plainsmelbourne.bandcamp.com/
12/11 Untitled 7": http://www.mediafire.com/?8o27jh6zo4xj90j
4/11 How I Learnt: http://www.mediafire.com/?np8ts1iett83w88
3. New Zealand supergroup, Plains, is comprised of members Tim Coster, Rosy Parlane, Richard Francis, Mark Sadgrove, Paul Winstanley and Clinton Watkins. They released a 3" CDR, Underground, on Claudia Records documenting a performance at Auckland's Underground Bar supporting Birchville Cat Motel in 2006.
4.Portland Maine based group comprised of members of Seekonk, South China, and Seymour.
Beautiful three part harmonies throughout, spacey electro country-folk vibe.
5. Alabama based artist, Travis Swinford. http://plainsmusic.bandcamp.com/
6. One-man fastcore band, ex-Kasatka, Belgium. www.plainshardcore.bandcamp.com
1.) PLAINS (Miami, FL)
PLAINS is the brainchild of Michael McGinnis. Born and raised outside of Chicago, McGinnis began making his own music in earnest just a few years ago when he moved to Miami to sleep on couches and work as a studio rat. Spending endless late nights employing a healthy amount of bourbon and cycling through a few albums worth of songs, the album PLAINS was born. On this eponymous debut record, McGinnis molds a sound and a style that is equally indebted to a love of blue-collar punk and rock bands as much as the technical world and history of audio engineering. There’s a studio polish to these tracks with a fringe of grunge at the edges. Lead single “Innovator” barrels in with a chunky kick to the ground, while faded synths and chorused guitars linger in the background. The track exemplifies the PLAINS sound with each instrument fuzzed out, while leaving plenty of air to breathe. PLAINS is augmented live by Jorge Rubiera on drums, Max Johnston on bass and Jorge Gonzalez Graupera on guitar, all staples of the Miami music scene.
Artist descriptions on Last.fm are editable by everyone. Feel free to contribute!
All user-contributed text on this page is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply.